2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what they should do is either buy out the contract are just eat the 8.5 mil and pretend its not there. they basically need to act as if that 8.5 mil is not on the payroll and still spend what they were going to spend.

but ownership will not do that. they simply care about making a profit and winning championship is something they are not really that interested in doing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 06, 2008, 12:31:18 PM
every big market team makes big money mistakes the problem is when it happens to the phils it hurts them far more than any of the others

If i had posted this sentence in the eagles section about a big money bust you would fly off the handle with your rolodex of names you like to call people.

lololol
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on August 06, 2008, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 06, 2008, 12:31:18 PM
every big market team makes big money mistakes the problem is when it happens to the phils it hurts them far more than any of the others

If i had posted this sentence in the eagles section about a big money bust you would fly off the handle with your rolodex of names you like to call people.

lololol

Um, I think IGY's whole point was that the ownership ALLOWS it to hurt them, much like the Eagles.  Both teams are out to maximize profit.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i didnt even come close to making a comment on the move itself much less defend it....im simply saying because of their ownership the phillies margin of error on failed moves like eaton is zero
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Connection Problems

PhillyPhreak54

Kendrick throwing a beaut tonight.

Cervanek or whatever just drove one in...5-0.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, so the Phils are still scouting Freddie Garcia.

And they have interest in Scott Eyre, he of a 7.15 ERA and a DFA by the Cubs.

And Flash left his game tonight with an arm injury.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 06, 2008, 09:11:56 PM
Yeah, so the Phils are still scouting Freddie Garcia.

Ken Rosenthal was on DNL earlier and said Garcia pitched poorly and was out of shape during his showing.

It's all good though, Gavin Floyd is only 11-3 with a 3.68 ERA. Yay Pat.

BigEd76

Gio lost his major league debut in Toronto tonight

[/mocking]

MDS

i honestly think i care more about how sd does in his fantasy star wars league than gavin floyd does with the chisox. just stop talking about him, it could not mean less.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I really don't think Floyd would have made it here. He was one of those guys who needed a change. Was it pressure to live up to the #1 pick status or was it because the Phils minor league instructors farged him up? Who knows.

Gio gave up a 3R bomb to Barajas.

Hamels pitches in a day game tomorrow after two horrid starts. Wanna step it up soon, Colbert?

LBIggle

he will or  this team aint for real.  not like anyone thinks it is anyway, but ultra not for real.

and to clarify for sober people.. he'll pitch a good game because he's farging suppossed too.. or hang it up...

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on August 06, 2008, 11:17:28 PM
i honestly think i care more about how sd does in his fantasy star wars league than gavin floyd does with the chisox. just stop talking about him, it could not mean less.

Just for that I'll post an update after every time he pitches