2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on August 03, 2008, 11:08:03 PM
Lidge found his slider the last two batters.  He didn't throw a strike to either one and struck them both the hell out.

NICE!

Exactly. Those two youngin's were scared shteinless of that pitch. He reached back and did what he had to do. Way to get out of your own jam, Lidge. He's amazing.

My boy back in PA called to suck Lidges dick. He ripped the trade for months, even after he was like 15-15 saying he sucked and would suck eventually. He finally admitted he was wrong.

Victorino was HUGE.

Choke's defense is ridiculous. Its like he has two farging frying pans on his hands trying to field a ground ball.

Oh, and my boy Myers threw well again.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 03, 2008, 11:37:24 PM
Wingspan called to suck Lidges dick. He ripped the trade for months, even after he was like 15-15 saying he sucked and would suck eventually. He will never admit he was wrong.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

Congrats, you're the first one to do what I figured would be done....edit the post to say Wing. But it's true...although WIng hated on him more than my boy did. He never preached to me about velocity.

PhillyPhreak54

By the way...those dooshbag Cards fans did it again.

So comes up with two guys on base with STL protecting a 1-run lead and he gets a standing ovation again.

WTF?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 03, 2008, 11:55:29 PM
By the way...those dooshbag Cards fans did it again.

So comes up with two guys on base with STL protecting a 1-run lead and he gets a standing ovation again.

WTF?

They already knew he wouldn't do anything.  They were cheering the end of the inning already. :)

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

They are little league parents and So is the little Chinese boy who is returning home.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 03, 2008, 11:42:18 PM
:-D

Congrats, you're the first one to do what I figured would be done....edit the post to say Wing. But it's true...although WIng hated on him more than my boy did. He never preached to me about velocity.

eh... i said i was wrong about lidge so far weeks ago...try to keep up.

I never "preached" about velocity either. Which, by the way...is not there for him and hasn't been all season. What I did not figure in was that he could use his slider so effectively.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That Glaus homer was sick.  The only ball hit harder all night was the foul ball Victorino hit right before he homered.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on August 04, 2008, 08:10:16 AM

I never "preached" about velocity either. Which, by the way...is not there for him and hasn't been all season.

He's been consistently clocking mid 90's all year. If you want to make a case for his location and movement on his fastball being off you'd probably have a better argument.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 04, 2008, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on August 04, 2008, 08:10:16 AM

I never "preached" about velocity either. Which, by the way...is not there for him and hasn't been all season.

He's been consistently clocking mid 90's all year. If you want to make a case for his location and movement on his fastball being off you'd probably have a better argument.

It's the same thing. In houston he constistantly clocked in the mid to upper 90's. He's lost some velocity...which has affected the movement on his fastball. Losing some velocity is not a criticism. It happens to all power pitchers at some point...

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Velocity and movement are two different things, but I don't feel like arguing with you so okay.

PoopyfaceMcGee

In other news, it's convenient that the Phillies are idle tonight, seeing as Lidge threw so many pitches.

Florida and New York are also off tonight.  Teen Choice awards, anyone?!?

BigEd76