2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

By my recollection it seems Howard's last 10 HRs have been opposite fields.

PhillyGirl

IGY, don't flatter yourself. I've been laughing at the stupidity of the fans clamoring for Howard to be dealt, or saying he's past his prime, etc...for weeks. You had nothing to do with it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:46:10 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 10, 2008, 02:44:44 PM
83 RBIs, NL leader in HRs.

4-1 phils

He sucks.

oh lord what have i done

Started one of the more retarded arguments in recent memory.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

debate makes the internet go round...except on the funny boards...perhaps going back there would better suit you

franzke just said sarge is stalking alyssa milano
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 02:56:20 PM
debate makes the internet go round...except on the funny boards...perhaps going back there would better suit you

If only those places existed anymore... boo hoo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

The commentators for the game last night on espn said that when Howard actually puts the ball in play this year, he's hitting over over .400.  It's his k's that are absolutely killing him.  Not that that's anything we don't already know, but I was surprised to see that his average was that high when he actually makes contact.  If he could reduce his k's by even 25%, he's still probably hitting .300.  

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Howard's defense deserves to be booed. And when he is clueless up there hacking at sliders in the RH box, he deserves to be booed when he does not make adjustments or continuously swing at the pitches.

Burrell deserves to go. Even if he does not win the vote, they need someone to replace Soriano.
I voted for Burrell and had some of the guys I work with do it too.

Back to Howard, he has made his adjustments and is heating up. Its too bad it took him until late June/July to get going full throttle.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 10, 2008, 02:59:45 PMIf he could reduce his k's by even 25%, he's still probably hitting .300.  

just out of curiousity i ran the numbers and hed be hitting .268 this year vs .231 were he to cut his k's by one quarter...which coincidentally is exactly what he hit last year .268

if you run the numbers on his strikeout totals from last year tho he ends up hitting .306

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

no, you're supposed to cheer him when he's hitting .196 in June and has over 100k's already
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

He's STILL getting booed when he K's.

Is he batting .196? ::)

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

ok...i never actually laughed at a smilie before.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.