2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 13, 2008, 11:35:16 PM
Someone needs to tell the hayseed announcers for the Cardinals that they're losing 20-2.

You're not getting the Phils' feed tonight?  I have it on EI (DirecTV channel 739) for the first time in awhile.

Rome

Embarrassing.  Their team is getting shellacked and they're giggling like flags over a positional player doing mop-up duty on the mound.

Good God.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 11:24:16 PM
first of all were you even born when he won in the AL?....second of all you have no idea what youyre saying and you spouted off before thinking...the guy is a legend a first ballot hall of famer and a phenomional manager that not only has won with great teams but also with average teams...hes simply the best of his era and one of the best ever

i was alive but like 2 or 3, so no. and la russa strategy's are awful. but it shows you how little that matters because teams can despite incompetent managing. the phillies did this, but always feel a little short. the cardinals had the talent to put them over the top and la russa doing stupid things in games didnt matter.

i love you like a son, michael, always remember that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

aaron miles with the player of the game award

they wont stop

among the quotes

"incredible performance"

"the best relief appearance weve seen this year"

"SEVEN strikes and ONLY three balls"

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

The Cards announcers were trying to lighten it up. I actually thought they were an ok team to listen to, compared to some of the slop we hear on opposing broadcasts and when McCarthy and Wheels are in the phils booth.

Their fans are indeed like little league parents, great analogy.

And I agree with MDS about LaRussa too. I think he's overrated and that he does think like he invented the game.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2008, 12:09:15 AM
And I agree with MDS about LaRussa too. I think he's overrated and that he does think like he invented the game.

actually you arent like mds...he thinks he actually not a great manager....where as you just dont like him because of his attitude...he cocky cause hes that good...just like a belicheck or an athlete like mj or deion or any of the greats...if you arent cocky you probably arent that good to begin with...trying to downplay larussa reminds me of the phil jackson haters

btw how sickening does the gavin floyd trade get by the hour

PhillyPhreak54

You're right, I don't like him because of his attitude. But I like the cocky attitude on most people. Not so much when they flaunt it all the time, but when they show it here and there and at the right times. Not sure if I explained it well or not.

Gavin Floyd = Brad Lidge in the sense that both needed changes. If Floyd was still here he wouldn't be doing what he is doing now, I think.

PhillyPhreak54

BTW; I think Howard was intentionally hit. He pimped it a little too much on his shot that made it 17. Springer comes in and hits him in the thigh. That is where he should hit him though. Put it on the leg and not up and in or on the hands where a guy can get hurt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteThe NL East leaders are 10-1 in Kendrick's last 11 starts.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present your #3 starter!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2008, 12:19:11 AM
BTW; I think Howard was intentionally hit. He pimped it a little too much on his shot that made it 17. Springer comes in and hits him in the thigh. That is where he should hit him though. Put it on the leg and not up and in or on the hands where a guy can get hurt.

Oh, no doubt it was a purpose pitch.  And .212 hitters shouldn't pimp it up so much.  Still lame to be thrown out.  Want to issue a warning, fine.  But that was crazy.

QB Eagles

Myers is tied for most HRs given up this season in the majors.

And the Phils haven't been swept, but they have lost three in a row: they lost two to the Blue Jays and then one to the Nats back in the middle of May.

Sgt PSN

It's really hard to believe that this team hasn't had more than a 3 game losing streak yet this year.  Not because they haven't been playing good ball.  But because they're the Phillies.

And Larussa is a great manager.  I agree with Phreak that I believe he is a tad overrated, but he's still great.  Having said that, I still can't stand the arrogant douche and I might toss a couple batteries at him on Sunday.  I went to several Phillies/Cards games when I lived out here before and I'm really going to miss booing Scott Rolen this time.