2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on May 08, 2008, 09:28:06 AM
when did Kris Benson turn into Nolan Ryan?

Benson probably is very similar to Nolan Ryan right now.

Then again, Ryan is 60-something years old now.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on May 08, 2008, 09:04:56 AM
they won the last 4 games he pitched before the other night....that means he's pitching well enough to keep them close to win the game in the end...that's what you want from your 5th starter

but hey, stats are fun too...my favorite is team wins though

yup...after people learn to accept that 1) he's never going to live up to his contract and 2) He's a 5th starter...the sooner they'll accept that he hasn't been that bad.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

Tom Gordon has a 1.29 ERA since opening day.

J.C. Romero has a 0.63 ERA in 17 appearances.

Brad Lidge has a 0.00 ERA in 16 appearances.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Rome

QuotePhillies acquire lefthanded reliever

By PAUL HAGEN
Philadelphia Daily News

hagenp@phillynews.com
The Phillies, who are openly searching for a lefthanded reliever, have acquired Stephen Randolph from the Houston Astros for a player to be named later.

There are reasons to believe that Randolph, 34, could soon join J.C. Romero as the second lefty in the bullpen. He has a 1.23 earned run average for Triple A Round Rock this season and had allowed just 8 hits while striking out 21 in 14 2/3 innings.

There are also reasons to believe he might not be the answer. He has command issues, as evidenced by 11 walks.

Neither general manager Pat Gillick or assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. could immediately be reached for comment this morning.

Randolph, who has just over 2 years of major league service, appeared in 14 games for the Astros last season. He struck out 22 batters in 13 1/3 innings . . . but also walked 22 and allowed 21 hits, accounting for his 12.15 ERA.

In 109 big-league appearances in his career, he has a 5.52 earned run average.

world series!

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

MDS

Eaton has gone:
3 er in 7.2 against cinci
3 er in 6 against ny
3 er in 6 against houston
4 er in 5 against ny
3 er in 3.2 against pit
2 er in 6 against sd
6 er in 4 against arz

now he didnt pitch well against ny and pit, but he still gave the team a chance to win. what the hell more can you get out of a 5th starter, especially a crappy one like eaton? hes pitched well above anyone expectations. which were really, really low.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Randolph is one of only 4 or 5 black lefty pitchers in the majors (Willis, Sabathia and um.....whoever else)

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on May 08, 2008, 11:09:06 AM
QuotePhillies acquire lefthanded reliever

By PAUL HAGEN
Philadelphia Daily News

hagenp@phillynews.com
The Phillies, who are openly searching for a lefthanded reliever, have acquired Stephen Randolph from the Houston Astros for a player to be named later.

There are reasons to believe that Randolph, 34, could soon join J.C. Romero as the second lefty in the bullpen. He has a 1.23 earned run average for Triple A Round Rock this season and had allowed just 8 hits while striking out 21 in 14 2/3 innings.

There are also reasons to believe he might not be the answer. He has command issues, as evidenced by 11 walks.

Neither general manager Pat Gillick or assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. could immediately be reached for comment this morning.

Randolph, who has just over 2 years of major league service, appeared in 14 games for the Astros last season. He struck out 22 batters in 13 1/3 innings . . . but also walked 22 and allowed 21 hits, accounting for his 12.15 ERA.

In 109 big-league appearances in his career, he has a 5.52 earned run average.

world series!

What did the bums give up? Cash consdieration or PTBNL? Regardless I like being on the other side of a Wade deal even if it's Gillick pulling the trigger.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

nice job manufacturing a run in the 1st of webb

then dawg of course k's.

the bat gets the day off, good spot for one. jap starts in his place, dobbsy in at 3rd as well.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

these Arizona announcers make every hit the dbacks get appear to be the greatest feat ever accomplished in major league baseball.  simple single turns into "Oh, what an incredible at bat for dickhead.  Just spectacular".  Shut up please.

Meyers you icehole!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.