PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

Joel Embiid's history of playing/injury designation:
Doubtful: 4 times, played 3 times
Questionable: 12 times, played 11 times
Out: 5 times, played 1
Listed as doubtful for Game 1 vs. Celtics

Honestly don't even know if playing 3/4 games listed as doubtful is a good thing or a bad thing lol.  We have the worst training staff ever.

phattymatty

Actually I didn't even know you were allowed to play after being listed as out.  Maybe they get fined or something?

SD

Hope he sits game 1

Logic

Boston struggled against a smaller quicker Atlanta team. The center dictates the Sixers pace since their star is Jo...bball on the floor (hopefully stays out of early foul trouble) is way more up tempo. Sixers are rested, Boston just came off a tough series. Sixers need to throw something different at them. Possibly steal game 1 they have to come back Wednesday regroup now play against Jo. They win game 1 Sixers have Jo coming back Wednesday for a boost. Really I'm just saying try to keep them off balance and uncomfortable.

phattymatty

meh I'm torn - I'm not sure what difference 48 extra hours of rest is going to do for that injury.  just as much of a chance he reinjures to literally any time he plays. 

not gonna lie though, as much as I love jo, they are more fun to watch when he doesn't play.  so maybe just because of that and the surprise factor I'd lean towards him sitting.

PhillyPhreak54

I can see the smaller and quicker deal - obviously that means Tyrese has to take on a huge scoring role tonight. And for the love of the basketball gods - James Harden...show SOMETHING.

It will boil down to whether Boston is draining their three's. If they have a poor shooting night the Sixers can steal the game.

phattymatty

bball Paul double double tonight.  easy money.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2023, 12:01:18 PM
I can see the smaller and quicker deal - obviously that means Tyrese has to take on a huge scoring role tonight. And for the love of the basketball gods - James Harden...show SOMETHING.

It will boil down to whether Boston is draining their three's. If they have a poor shooting night the Sixers can steal the game.

they dont need to hit threes when they can just dribble past maxey and harden at will and now theres not even rim protection...ill be surprised if tatum and brown dont both have 30+
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

other than the season opener when Tatum and brown both went off, Tatum did not have more than 20 points against the Sixers this year.  not that that means anything in the playoffs but PJ and Tobi have defended him pretty well lately.

it'll probably be derrick white or Grant Williams or some scrub that does them in.

SD

My moneys on Horford corner 3's and Brogdon

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

I'd say White - that troll doll lookin' SOB never seems to miss a shot

PhillyPhreak54

Other than Tyrese and BBall I have a feeling Tobi has a good game.