2022-2023 76ers... Breaking our Hearts Again

Started by Geowhizzer, August 14, 2022, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on April 22, 2023, 08:38:24 PM
I'm having a brain fart...why do the Sixers automatically play the winner of Celtics/Atlanta instead of cavs/Knicks if Miami upsets the bucks?

The NBA doesn't re-seed.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 22, 2023, 10:36:15 PM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on April 22, 2023, 08:38:24 PM
I'm having a brain fart...why do the Sixers automatically play the winner of Celtics/Atlanta instead of cavs/Knicks if Miami upsets the bucks?

The NBA doesn't re-seed.

This is probably an annual gripe of mine I just forget until playoffs but it disincentives a team to seed higher. I don't understand the why.

MDS

the entire nba is a deincentivization....you can be the best team and try really hard over the regular season or the 8th best team and barely give a shtein and the only difference is one (1) home game

the nhl and nba are humungous scams
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Really don't wanna watch round 2 vs Boston. Harden throwing his hands in the air and bitching to the ref after he gets the ball stolen/blocked driving the lane. Mopey Jo. I'm sure they'll get hot at times but they don't have the heart needed to beat the Celtics. I'm sure Maxey and Tucker will play hard, Jo will have a few good games, harden will get hot from 3 for one game. It's all disheartening to think about.

SD

ice grillin you

When it ends in 5

four days between games 1 and 2 is ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

how long have you people been watching nba for?

the nba finals begin on a certain date. they build time into the schedule so there can be a g7 in the 1st round. the gap between g2 and g3 is meant to allow the other series to catch up, and to guarantee games over the weekend. this isnt rec league ball like you want it to be...its the big boy league and tv comes first
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

was waiting for that news.  wonderful. 

I know he falls on purpose sometimes to ease the tension, but it's gotta backfire every now and then when you do it 40 times a game.

PhillyPhreak54

Him and Morant seem to live on the floor like they're wrestlers

Knee injury or not he's got to buck up and play

MDS

every year this giant baby comes up with a new injury in the playoffs, every year

ice grillin you

the good thing is they were gonna get worked with a healthy jo

phattymatty

I don't think that's the case, they had a 30-40% chance winning with healthy jo.  even before Atlanta the Celtics have not looked great for a little while.

but now it's like 5-10%.

ice grillin you

celtics match up perfectly with the sixers because their perimeter offense....maxey and harden are sieves and would get murdered in a series against that lineup...i cringe even thinking about harden playing that team...it just a horrid matchup for philly

phattymatty

Celtics are not the same team as they were a few months ago - not sure what happened to them. Couple bad shooting games and Sixers can easily be in it.

PJ shutting one of those nerds down is gonna be so important.

I wanna cry about Jojo's knee.