Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Yeah what the hell is the Chief doing in that?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

i love how its a basketball coach, a coach/player, a player, a football player, a boxer and a baseball announcer. a completely random assortment of philly legends.

i think i figured out why theyre all there...its from a philadelphia sports hall of fame thing. everyone except for chaney was in the first class of inductees.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 30, 2021, 11:13:03 PM
i love how its a basketball coach, a coach/player, a player, a football player, a boxer and a baseball announcer. a completely random assortment of philly legends.

i think i figured out why theyre all there...its from a philadelphia sports hall of fame thing. everyone except for chaney was in the first class of inductees.

I think you're right I looked it up earlier just forgot to post it...looks like Chaney was in the first class too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Sports_Hall_of_Fame

ice grillin you

nm

MDS

no idea who that is but he aint in that pic...old dudes are tom gola and concrete

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2021, 10:13:45 AM
no idea who that is but he aint in that pic...old dudes are tom gola and concrete

It took me a minute to figure out Gola...at first I thought white dude was a Flyer because he looks familiar...then I noticed he's around the same height as doc so had to be basketball

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 30, 2021, 11:33:03 AM
who the farg is the chief...gola?

he was gene harts color man for a million years and bernies back up....

i see on the computer now its not him...the small pic on my phone looked just like him

MDS

Quote from: Dre Day on January 31, 2021, 11:28:58 AM
Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2021, 10:13:45 AM

It took me a minute to figure out Gola...at first I thought white dude was a Flyer because he looks familiar...then I noticed he's around the same height as doc so had to be basketball

i had no earthly idea what tom gola looked like and in fact had assumed he died in like the 80s or something

ice grillin you

SD

ice grillin you

This is going to go down as one of the worst regular season nites in city history...Flyers going to lose by 10+ goals sixers going to blow a 19 pt second half lead

ice grillin you

all three teams on tv tonight

605 - Phillies - mlbtv
700 - Flyers - nbcs
1000 - Sixers - tnt