DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

So when he goes off for 7/150 with 2 td's will that be the time to extend him?

SunMo

no, because they'll bring up that he missed a block downfield
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Remember he tracked Aaron Francisco down in the NFCCG after Francisco picked off a ball; and he forced a fumble.

When Pimp be trackin' you, watch the farg out

reese125

Quote from: Rome on September 19, 2011, 09:33:53 AM
So when he goes off for 7/150 with 2 td's will that be the time to extend him?

Probably not because they will say ok now show us some consistency if you want your big boy check.

Rome

Tell us the truth... you're really Howie Roseman, right?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Actually, I take back my previous statements about paying him.

When he can also play defense and help stuff the run and cover tight ends... THEN AND ONLY THEN do you pay him, amirite?

reese125

Quote from: Rome on September 19, 2011, 10:06:51 AM
Tell us the truth... you're really Howie Roseman, right?

Pay attention son-I said pay him.

Im playing the other side of why this has taken so long and will continue to linger.

MMH

Am I really the only one who thinks Maclin and McCoy are more important to the offense than Jackson?
I mean outside of a competent Oline, of course.

SunMo

you can think that because maclin gets more catches, but the reason he constantly has single coverage is because the ever present deep threat of jackson is taking a corner and a safety with him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

They feed off each other and have different roles in the offense.  Just a couple of cogs that keep the wheel rolling.  That said, Maclin is the more versatile and "polished" receiver and Jackson is the burner.  It's a poor man's Carter and Moss. 

MMH

Jackson missed quite a few snaps in that game last night, yet Maclin still caught 13 balls.  Obviously the drop at the end is brutal, but Jackson dropped one in the end zone, and has a greater propensity for drops in general.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even if you argue Maclin is *more* valuable, is that a reason NOT to sign DeSean?

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 19, 2011, 11:20:41 PM
Even if you argue Maclin is *more* valuable, is that a reason NOT to sign DeSean?

its not even an argument....dont get me wrong mack is a very good wr but the reason he can run free in all those underneath and intermediate areas is because the safeties are playing so deep to stop the long ball to pimp...the falcons whole strategy sunday night was to give everything short but not give up the big play....this is primarily because of pimp

many people can do what mack does...there are very few gamebreakers like pimp....the question is how do you compensate someone like pimp who has a huge influence on the game but whose numbers dont fully reflect that influence....

as for the contract i have to think there is some sort of quid pro quo going on btwn pimp and banner inc...its just playing out way to nicely....i think after his holdout they came to an oral agreement that he will get caked off if he just goes out and plays
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2011, 07:14:10 AMmany people can do what mack does...

wrong

Vick and Jackson provide cover for Maclin and Shady, no question.  But if instead of them the Eagles were trotting out James Thrash and Reno Mahe, the team would not be half as dangerous.

Maclin and McCoy are both bona fide NFL starters, for any team.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Pretty sure Maclin has hadhuge games when Pimp wasn't playing because of injury. Pimp's big play ability is undeniable, but I think, while they are different, both can be "the guy".
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.