Week Seven - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 19, 2017, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Eagles beat the Cowboys last time they played. Eagles are king!

QB Eagles

Eagles also beat both of last year's SB teams the last time they played, as well as current divsion leaders Steelers, Vikings, Saints, Rams, and Titans.

👑

SD

So if Dallas was 0-5 right now they'd still be the king? They're not the same Dallas team, and this isn't the same Eagles team.

The Rams are legit. Seattle is a shell of their former selves.

MDS

the rams are ok. im not sold on goff, but mcvay is a great coach and quite possibly could run the nfl once BB retires. he has that kind of potential as a schemer. their defense is solid, too. big thing for them is they have 0 fan base so going out there is basically like a neutral site game.

seattle's defense is still very strong and russ wilson is still russ wilson. no run game, horrible o line. but wilson can do things nobody else can and the d can lock you up. im not shoving them aside.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Rams are fine but if the chips are down in a playoff game, give me them all day over Seattle still.

SD

The Rams offense runs through Gurley, who is arguably the most talented back in the league. Goff is good, their D is legit. Mcvay is no joke.

Seattle is unimpressive. Their O line is awful. Wilson doesn't look the same, probably because he's running for his life most of the time. They're still living off their reputation from a few years ago.

Eagles_Legendz

Rams defense has been OK.  They shutout Arizona this week but it hasn't been elite.  They need to get ahead and grind you down running to win (yes, I know their PPG averages).  If you take away Gurley or limit him (and the Eagles run defense is excellent), I'll take my chances on Goff and the receivers beating you. 

Seattle is flawed.  The defense isn't quite as good.  The OLine and running game is gross.  But they've looked like shtein midway through the year a bunch of times and still put it together down the stretch.  Until they're knocked off, I'll trust their experience over the Rams. 

I don't think the same is true for Dallas...this is a Seattle team that has been here for yeeeears now.  Dallas basically sprung up last year.  I think Dallas is pretty good and will likely get a WC, but there's no evidence that they're better than the eagles right now.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

Tomahawk

I think if you're sold on Wentz (which I am), then you have to be sold on Goff.

QuoteMcNabb is the Eagles all-time leading passer with 32,873 yards, 216 touchdowns, and 100 interceptions compiling a record of 92-49-1.

Because of how good he was, I so badly want to love McNabb, but he makes it impossible. I guess the silver lining is at least it took five years or whatever for his bitch-madeness to come to light.

Eagles_Legendz

i think the reverse of that is true.  if you're sold on goff, you have to be sold on wentz.  goff was worse than wentz last year and hasn't been as good this year either.  i think goff will probably be a good QB, but wentz has been better.

Tomahawk

After 1.45 or 1.39 seasons, you can't be sold on one without the other

Eagles_Legendz

Tomahawk

Because it's so early in their careers, you don't really know. I'm apprehensively sold on Wentz only because I'm an Eagles fan, otherwise I wouldn't be sold on either.

Eagles_Legendz

I get a general statement that it's too soon to judge anyone from last years draft class.  I dunno if I agree with it but I understand the sentiment.  Saying that if you believe in Wentz you must believe in Goff is a little different to me.  It implies in my head that the two have been so similar in terms of production that you can't differentiate between them, and I just don't agree with that (which is not a commentary on who will end up being better 5 years from now).