2017 College Football

Started by ice grillin you, May 25, 2017, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Bama is certainly one of the four best teams in the country but don't have anyone to blame but themselves if they don't make it after getting rolled @auburn. 

If OSU holds on here and makes it over bama, lets drop the notion that losses matter.  Team that has two losses including by 40 points against Iowa doesn't belong in over a one loss Bama team who lost @auburn, but I have a feeling that's how it'll end up.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on December 02, 2017, 09:22:12 PM
clemson 1
okie 2
georgia 3
bama 4

Seems just to me.

The NCAA will farg it up.

MDS

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 02, 2017, 11:41:56 PM
Bama is certainly one of the four best teams in the country but don't have anyone to blame but themselves if they don't make it after getting rolled @auburn. 

If OSU holds on here and makes it over bama, lets drop the notion that losses matter.  Team that has two losses including by 40 points against Iowa doesn't belong in over a one loss Bama team who lost @auburn, but I have a feeling that's how it'll end up.

i havent watched a ton of bama this year but their resume is terrible
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If you don't even play in your conference championship game you don't get rewarded with a playoff appearance.

farg Bama. 

Oh and does anyone here seriously believe Ohio State won't be given one of the slots?  No chance the networks will allow four "southern" teams in there. 

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: AntiRome on December 03, 2017, 01:55:13 AM
If you don't even play in your conference championship game you don't get rewarded with a playoff appearance.

farg Bama. 

Oh and does anyone here seriously believe Ohio State won't be given one of the slots?  No chance the networks will allow four "southern" teams in there.

This is a really dumb argument. 

Alabama loses at Auburn.  They don't get to their conference championship because of it.  Clemson loses to horrible syracuse, Miami loses to zesty Pitt, Ohio State gets run by Iowa.  All demonstrably worse than auburn.  All get to their conference championship. 

Rome

So a team that can't even get to its own conference championship game deserves to get there over a team that wins one?   

Bottom line:  Alabama played a cake schedule and lost to a team with three losses, a team, mind you, that got humiliated in the game they couldn't even make. 

OUT

Eagles_Legendz

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayBilas/status/937133907555815424

#RBIs

I do appreciate though how two posts ago you shtein on both bama AND OSU so that you could bitch no matter what happened.

Eagles_Legendz

Also, it's your team's fault Alabama played "no one" (same number of bowl eligible teams OSU did). 

Implicit in your statement is all conference championship paths or circumstances are the same.  They aren't.  Obviously.

Vegas said Bama would be favored on a neutral field against Oklahoma, Clemson, or Georgia.  You're either taking the best four teams or you're not.

When they take OSU today I can't wait for Bama next year to lose their one legit non conference game they play, lose by 31 to A&M (equivalent of Iowa) but win the sec and make it over a 1 loss FSU team who just happened to lose to Clemson.

Eagles_Legendz

My last note then I will depart and await the committee taking OSU, which is what I expect:

OSU lost their two games this year by 47 points. 
Alabama's senior class has lost all of their games in four years by a combined 35 points.

QB Eagles

If it's supposed to be a playoff among the best four conference champions, then make it that explicitly. If it's supposed to be a playoff among the best four teams in college football, then Bama clearly deserves being in over OSU.

MDS

bama is going to make it but i dont think they really deserve to.

neither really does ohio st but i guess someone needs to get run by clemson so it might as well be that creep saban
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 03, 2017, 09:52:13 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JayBilas/status/937133907555815424

#RBIs

I do appreciate though how two posts ago you shtein on both bama AND OSU so that you could bitch no matter what happened.

I didn't bitch about OSU.  I said the networks won't allow a final four with four "southern" teams.

I hate OSU and especially that carpet-bagging POS coach of theirs, but they won the Big 10, and in my mind that makes them more worthy than a team that didn't make its conference championship game.

Clemson is going to obliterate everyone anyway so all this is moot. 

PhillyPhreak54

Bama is -420 to make it and +300 not to

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 02, 2017, 11:41:56 PM

disagree that bama is "certainly"  one of the four best teams but totally agree that they deserve it over ohio st....if the buckeyes get in with that iowa loss and two losses in general it will be a travesty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: AntiRome on December 03, 2017, 09:42:48 AM
So a team that can't even get to its own conference championship game deserves to get there over a team that wins one?   

this isnt an argument....you pick the four best teams...conference championships are often arbitrary
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous