Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

I didn't know this was the fishing thread.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2017, 03:08:01 PM
His kneeling was his way to draw attention to the issues he wanted to bring to the forefront

He did things wrong too (pig socks etc) but the open cheering for him to remain unemployed because he's some military hating punk is harsh.

A big part of business (especially when you're a celebrity/pro athlete/public figure) is about how you carry and market yourself. He chose to take those actions, so now he's seeing the result of said actions. I feel no sympathy for him. Bottom line is he's bad for business.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 03:17:42 PM
His kneeling was his way to draw attention to the issues he wanted to bring to the forefront

He did things wrong too (pig socks etc) but the open cheering for him to remain unemployed because he's some military hating punk is harsh.

A big part of business (especially when you're a celebrity/pro athlete/public figure) is about how you carry and market yourself. He chose to take those actions, so now he's seeing the result of said actions. I feel no sympathy for him. Bottom line is he's bad for business.

Or you use your celebrity and fame to advance your beliefs and offer assistance to causes you support and believe in.

He's only bad for business in yours and others eyes who think he took a dump on the military and the flag, which he did not. Too many equate this to not supporting the troops. And that's a crazy position to take. The anthem isn't solely representative of military.

He had a problem with the police shootings and the cover ups.

QB Eagles

I applaud what Kap did but when you're a marginal player, you're one controversy away from being retired. Doesn't even matter if it's your fault or not, controversy = circus = headache for the team.

Even if any GMs support Kap, why would they want to deal with the fallout for a waiver wire quality player who has been benched repeatedly for Blaine Gabbert? Just sign Matt McGloin and be done with it.

Rome

Infinitely more outrage has been expressed over Kaepernick taking a knee than over the actual brutal murders of innocent citizens by the cops. 

Good thing our priorities are squared away. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on March 21, 2017, 03:28:45 PM
Infinitely more outrage has been expressed over Kaepernick taking a knee than over the actual brutal murders of innocent citizens by the cops. 

Good thing our priorities are squared away.

Blue lives matter! He's a thug!

smeags

kap is getting hosed on this.

Rome

I personally think he's an intellectually lazy, attention-whoring douchebag.   And he sucks as a quarterback, so farg him in that respect. 

That said, he's not wrong about the issue he protested nor was he wrong in expressing that protest in the way he did. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on March 21, 2017, 03:44:38 PM
I personally think he's an intellectually lazy, attention-whoring douchebag.   And he sucks as a quarterback, so farg him in that respect. 

That said, he's not wrong about the issue he protested nor was he wrong in expressing that protest in the way he did.

agreed. I wouldn't have done the same, but I have no issue with kap for doing it.

especially when you consider how some fans disrespect the national anthem by not standing themselves, talking, not taking their hats off.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2017, 03:22:48 PM
Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 03:17:42 PM

Or you use your celebrity and fame to advance your beliefs and offer assistance to causes you support and believe in.

He's only bad for business in yours and others eyes who think he took a dump on the military and the flag, which he did not. Too many equate this to not supporting the troops. And that's a crazy position to take. The anthem isn't solely representative of military.

He had a problem with the police shootings and the cover ups.

You can use your celebrity and fame to advance whatever you want, how you go about doing that is subject to judgement. You're the same people who mock Tebow for using his 'fame' by kneeling in the name of God (for the record so am I)

I never said he took a dump on the military. Bottom line is 70% of NFL teams think he's bad for business.

ice grillin you

the guy just got another country to fly an airplane full of food and water to starving somalians but omg the stupid farging national anthem so nfl execs "genuinely hate" him and fans send him death threats and call him lazy....its preposterous...if he doesnt have an afro this isnt half the story it is

that said i think he still gets on a team....im not saying hes blackballed its way too early for that....i was more reacting to the poll of nfl execs who mostly said they hated him...they all need to go to hell immediately

Quote from: smeags on March 21, 2017, 03:55:04 PM
especially when you consider how some fans disrespect the national anthem by not standing themselves, talking, not taking their hats off.

how exactly the farg do you disrespect a song?...the biggest part of this ridiculous controversy lies in racist meatheads and rich old white men but second to that is the fact that people care way too much about a stupid song
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 03:17:42 PMBottom line is he's bad for business.

Exactly.  He might be good for a football team, but we're not talking about people who care about football games.  This is the NFL.  Business.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

he would not affect a teams bottom line even one penny...shtein vick was the starting qb and didnt hurt the eagles and people love dogs more than they hate blacks

if anything hed help cause his jersey would be the highest selling back up qb in the nfl

almost everything gets split in the nfl anyway

also the revenue thing doesnt fly as that poll of executives showed that they hated him personally not because they thought they would lose money off him

ice grillin you

who would want this creep on their team....i genuinely would hate any team that gave him a chance and any fan who would dare cheer for him

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kaepernick-50g-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
he would not affect a teams bottom line even one penny...shtein vick was the starting qb and didnt hurt the eagles and people love dogs more than they hate blacks

He comes with a sideshow/baggage. Teams have to weigh is his talent worth the aggravation/distractions. In Vick's case a few teams did. In Kaepernicks case they (as of today) do not. Same with TO. Same with Tebow. Same with Michael Sam (remember that guy?)