2009 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, May 26, 2009, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2010, 09:51:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 28, 2010, 03:07:45 PM
Quote from: SunMo on September 28, 2010, 12:24:01 PM
yeah, he lied about his symptoms so he could get back for the Finals.

i hope he doesn't Andrew Waters himself later in life.
The difference between hockey players and fat fargs like Shawn Andrews and his back.

J
i dont know where the irony lays in this

the fact that a flyers player just went out with a bad back or that nfl players pretty much end up crippled or dead because of what they play thru

Shawn Andrews won't be one of them.   You don't need a knee replacement after getting your Michael Phelps on.  My comment wasn't a dig at football players just Andrews.

Seabiscuit36

I think its taht Andrews gaper was huge, where as Lappy had balls of steele after his brain bled.  He probably ruined his career by playing in the finals, but he got to play at least. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

balls of steel skull of jello

im sure it was worth it tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2010, 08:06:53 AM
balls of steel skull of jello

im sure it was worth it tho

Let's be honest.  With the amount of research done on players succeeding concussions, and their adverse effects, he was probably farged either way.

BigEd76

tonight's game is on TCN if you don't wanna watch the AAA Phillies

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bill Guerin released from try-out contract.  Film at never.

MDS

does the season really start on thursday? i mean really?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

sb you cant pull that joke off, you know you love me/everyone even munson
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Still get chills watching some of the vids from last years run...even the corny history will be made commercials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhJLXrrAR8&feature=related
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

Laperriere is done for the year and may have to retire because of nerve damage

PhillyGirl

Just sad news. Guy plays hard as anyone in the NHL. Sucks.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

But in happy news, Briere and Leino are celebrating their birthdays today!