2009 Flyers Playoff Thread

Started by MDS, April 13, 2009, 01:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

more people care about heads up poker than the nhl.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

more people care about the NHL than buying newspapers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 15, 2009, 12:19:58 PM
that guy is a bigger douche than even bennenati for making a thinly veiled "i have a home theater system and you dont" post

no one cares ahole

and im certainly not a bennenati fan but there are a dozen announcers who could be doing the game tonight that are worse than him
I'm all about listening to the sounds of the game, like HDNet used to do where they would just crank Ice Level sounds.  I've been trying to figure out a way to stream the 610 broadcast thru my surroundsound, but i keep getting errors.  I'd gladly pay to not have to listen to 80% of the announcers in the league
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

fyi - the flyer announcers are as bad as anyone and worse than most (other than clement)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

jackson doesn't bother me as PBP, but coates and jones are terrible

when jones first started, i thought he was going to be good because he was critical and brought a little humor with him...but he's been properly sanitized by the machine
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i was just about to say that....he was so good at the beginning...and hes still awesome on the versus studio show...but in the booth and on wip hes a bigger homer than sb now...its pathetic

he picked the flyers in five today

Seabiscuit36

I cant stand Jones anymore for exactly the same reason.  Coates makes me laugh when he's bright red and clearly hammered.  JJ isnt a bad PBP guy, Clement is a perfect completment to JJ IMO. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

QuotePenguins officials offer arena sneak peek
Buzz up!By Jeremy Boren, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Multimedia

Slideshow: A look inside
The Pens' Consol Energy Center

About the writer
Jeremy Boren can be reached via e-mail or at 412-765-2312.

Home Delivery

Penguins fans cheering from luxury suites in Pittsburgh's new arena will be able to ease into plush leather seats, enjoy beverages from a full refrigerator next to quartz countertops and access their own "instant replays" via a special touch-screen television.

Team executives Tuesday hosted the first show-and-tell of a sample suite, mid-level "loge box" and a scale model of the $321 million Consol Energy Center, which is slated to open in time for the 2010-11 hockey season.

"There's not an (arena) in the country that is going to have much on us here," team president David Morehouse said.

The 12-person suites go on sale today to current corporate suite-holders. After that, gold circle seat holders will have a chance to upgrade to a suite; club-level and season-ticket holders will be given a chance after that.

Suite prices will range from $115,000 to $150,000 a season, which includes access to the suites for 41 home games and about 150 events a year, including concerts and other shows. The new arena will have 66 suites — the number Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux wore as a player — including four party-sized venues for large groups.

The 440-square-foot suites are more than twice the size of the 53 suites in Mellon Arena, which are 212 square feet. Mellon Arena is the oldest NHL venue in North America.

Despite the larger number of high-end suites, Morehouse said 41 percent of the seats in the 18,087-seat arena will carry ticket prices below $50. The range of ticket prices is $22 for low-end seats — the low-end now is about the same — up to club-level seats that will range from $136 to $150.

About 3,000 seats will be available to each game for non-season-ticket holders, he said. The team has sold out 107 consecutive games over the past two seasons.

Morehouse said he has some concerns the recession could affect corporate suite sales, but market studies have shown strong interest so far.

"We think the reason we sold out suites in the oldest building in North America is that people are queuing up for suites in the new building," Morehouse said.

Aside from the in-suite "instant replay" touch screens, the new arena will offer other high-tech amenities including the "Yinz Cam," a system developed at Carnegie Mellon University researchers that will allow fans to view video of the game from various vantage points on their cell phones, Morehouse said.

An LED screen on the exterior of the arena will show game footage of playoff and away games.

This summer, fans will be able to visit the Penguins' Web site and view a rendering that shows their seat's view of the rest of the arena.

"This is going to be, technologically, one of the most advanced buildings in the country," Morehouse said.

Suite 66 is perhaps the arena's most exclusive touch. The team will turn a storage area under the seats and next to the players' tunnel to the bench into a seating area — equipped with a fireplace — for founding partners, naming-rights partners and other team executives.

People in Suite 66 will be able to watch players move to and from the bench a few feet away.
LOL

ice grillin you

jacksons voice is way worse than bennenatis or emericks....i cant stand it and it makes it impossible to listen to him...plus hes as much as homer as the other guys...he complains about the refs more than any pbp guy ever should...i mean hes not jack edwards but hes pretty awful

Seabiscuit36

sorry boss, i forget you are the expert on things like this

rjs246

Hey guys, are you talking about sports commentators? I love talking about sports commentators! Can I join in?

Anyone have any opinions on the team's jerseys this year? I'm especially interested in how they stack up to the jerseys from decades past.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on April 15, 2009, 01:23:31 PM
Hey guys, are you talking about sports commentators? I love talking about sports commentators! Can I join in?
only when they die

ice grillin you

all you gotta do is listen to him and not be a homer and its plain as day...theres defintiely no expertise needed

what i have is the uncanny ability in sports to examine my own teams on the same level as every other team...something very very few people possess

Seabiscuit36

LMAO, you play negative nancy every time man, its the polar opposite of Phreak 

MDS

you like steve coats shut up you farging sick homer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.