2008 76ers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, May 02, 2008, 06:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 02, 2008, 03:38:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2008, 03:36:06 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 02:56:45 PM
Here's my prediction: Larry Brown loves athletic 3's. The Sixers ship Iggy off to Charlotte in a sign and trade for Emeka Okafor. Remember you heard it here first.
IN
is he still continually out of the lineup?
Quote from: Rome on May 02, 2008, 03:41:21 PM
why in god's name would brown make that deal?

good christ, people.

it wont happen because of team needs....but its not like thats some crazy deal talent wise...iguodala is as good a three as oka is for....see what i did there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

good christ, people.

Because LB loves 3's and it's not a given Okafor is re-signed so why wouldn't they just try to get something for him? Okafor isn't a better player than Iggy, but he's a big man which automatically makes him more valuable.

Rome

Don Ho

Quote from: hunt on May 02, 2008, 03:42:35 PM

good christ, people.

because he's bringing DC out of retirement to play pf for charlotte.

duh.

now that's a good one :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

reese125

So he's that valuable, but just not to Larry Brown? Cmon SD

Dude is a double double almost any given night, had a career best in stats, and extremely valuable on the defensive end--which Larry Brown covets even more. He is not going anywhere--you heard it hear first

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 03:57:40 PM

good christ, people.

Because LB loves 3's and it's not a given Okafor is re-signed so why wouldn't they just try to get something for him? Okafor isn't a better player than Iggy, but he's a big man which automatically makes him more valuable.

the problem is they dont need a three at all

SD_Eagle5

Rome

ice grillin you

its all well and good but michael jordan runs the team...larry is nothing more than the coach

Rome

which makes it all the more possible because jordan is a worse architect than even brown, if that's possible.

ice grillin you

id give it chance of happening if okafor was an unrestricted free agent...but hes not

PhillyPhreak54

I'd do that deal in a flash.

I like Iggy a alot, but his showing in these playoffs made me reconsider my opinion on him. Unless he has a guy there who can take some pressure off of him, he will never be "the guy". His outside game is missing and he's better suited for a role versus being a star. And I would like to keep him, but hes the most valuable trading chip they have.

I would rather deal him for a 4 who can ball than pay him 70mil.

Trading Miller would be dumb.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2008, 12:37:36 AM
I like Iggy a alot, but his showing in these playoffs made me reconsider my opinion on him.

so do you like him or has your opinion changed?

just because they were overmatched by a far superior team and he had an off series while being guarded by a guy in tayshaun prince who has locked down many a player youre done with him?

you know how many good to great players in this league have had poor playoff series...i dont see how you can do a .180 on someone because of the detroit series...if you didnt like him before det like sd then i understand

im not saying inguodala is untouchable but you better have a damn good replacement for him and plan b if youre gonna let him walk or trade him...he was an excellent first round pick and one of your building blocks you dont just let that go

PhillyPhreak54

I like him and was totally against trading him. However after seeing that he turned down 57M and after the performance in the playoffs I would consider dealing him IF

they can get a 4 out of the deal.

They could keep him and add a 4, but who could they sign? I think their only course of action to get a solid power forward is to include Iggy as trade bait.

I could be wrong, but with Thad and Lou and Miller; that group needs a 4.