With the First Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select...

Started by Pissed Off, September 18, 2007, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: shorebird on April 26, 2008, 06:50:42 AM
Quote"You win the game up front on both sides of the ball," Reid said. "If the d-line is better than the o-line, the quarterback is going to be in trouble. If the o-line is better than the d-line, the defense is going to be in trouble. That's how it worked out in the Super Bowl. That theory really rises to the top. You can have pretty good receivers, but if those guys up front aren't doing their job, those receivers aren't going to be very good."

Looks like a lineman it is for the first pick today. You really can't argue with his reasoning. Thing is, this team should not be in the position that they are in as far as the reciever situation. It's been the same since Reid has been here.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Eagles' offensive linemen prevented Reggie Brown from getting separation from d-backs more than twice a game.

PhillyPhreak54

Drunkmasterflex

In the 9 years that Andy has been here the offensive line has been at least adequate and often excellent.  You would think that he realizes if you don't have WRs that get open it doesn't matter if you have the Hogs up front. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

stalker

Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

PhillyPhreak54

troyhstewart

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2008, 05:01:05 PM
farg Jeff Otah

I find it hilarious that the Panthers took Otah with that pick.

The Eagles will use carolina's #1 on a OT next year.

Dillen

Just as a nice to know...off the top of my head next year there are like 3 or 4 safeties who would have been the #1 safety this year. Myron Rolle, Taylor Mays, and William Moore. Rolle and Mays are juniors. There was 1 or 2 more when I checked up on it a couple weeks ago but I can't remember who they are. So the Carolina pick could very well be Dawkins replacement.

BigEd76

QB Eagles

The Eagles came into the day with #19 and #49. For that they got:

Trevor Laws
DeSean Jackson
Carolina's 1st round pick next year
moved up from #115 to #109
Lorenzo Booker
turned #152 into #117

Automatic bans for anyone upset with that.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll be hard to find too many upset.

Only the retarded or the most jaded Negadelphians.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Again, I have concerns that Trevor Laws looks like he glues pubes onto his chin.

The BIGSTUD

G Cobb is killing the Eagles on WIP. He wanted Mendenhall badly.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

And his reasoning is?

Mendenhall has one hit wonder written all over him.

That CAR deal was too good to turn down.