2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Nope - IGY's right.  The only chance they have is to sneak into the playoffs as a low seed at best.

Those guys never make the Finals.  Well, except the Oilers last year.

BigEd76

Buffalo takes out the #8 seed in 5 games.

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 26, 2007, 09:58:53 PM
Buffalo takes out the #8 seed in 5 games.

Carolina is the current eight seed and they're also winless against the Sabres this year, so you're probably right.

Of course, they're the defending Cup Champions too, so you never know.

BTW: The Finalists from last year have an outside shot of completely missing the playoffs the next year.  Weird.

Seabiscuit36

I'd just like to add Jack Johnson is going to play for the Kings next year.  FF i hope to god you make fun of Canes fans everyday for that trade  :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Pinocchio is reporting that Biron is close to a 2-yr $6.8M extension....  :yay

Geowhizzer

Without major additions, and perhaps an insane amount of luck, I don't see the Flyers making the playoffs next year.

John Stevens is still the coach.

THEY HAVE THE WORST RECORD IN THE NHL.

This rebuilding phase isn't going to be a one-year deal.  They'll be ready in two, or three.

They will be improved.  They won't be that improved.

I want to be wrong.  I don't think I am.

ice grillin you

^^^^^
on point (thi im not ready to kill stevens)

when you are last in the whole league you dont go to the stanley cup the next year...you try to make the make playoffs and maybe even win a round

im assuming the insane amount of luck you speak of is what i said in regards to every single young play magically developing and doing so in the next 12 months
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

The pieces are in place, if they can add a good forward and good defenseman they should be able to make the playoffs next season.

No ones saying they'll be cup contenders, just that this team isn't all that much worse than the team that made the playoffs two seasons ago.

Rome

Who's ready for some orange kool-aid?

rjs246

This might be the most retarded conversation ever. Is someone actually arguing that the Flyers could contend for the cup next year? What the farg?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Someone mentioned playoffs, igy took that as cup contenders, the rest is history.

Rome

I'm arguing they could contend for the CONFERENCE next year and that's only if they get the guys I initially posted about when this whole conversation started.

What these other guys are ranting about, I have no idea.

As usual, I'm enjoying getting IGY all riled up, though, so quit spoiling it you miserable motherfarger.

ice grillin you

Someone mentioned playoffs, igy took that as cup contenders

rly?...romey said multiple times they could win the east NEXT year

and i dont know where you come from but in my country winning the east = cup contender

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Well...romey did say contend for the East which is different from saying win the East. I'd say its more likely they'll contend for the Atlantic with improved play from their youngsters, a true #1 goalie, and a couple decent free agent signings.

Seabiscuit36

Did anyone see Carolina showing up like they did last year?  How bout Tampa Bay in 2004.  Sometimes its just the right mesh of players with lots of luck and little injuries. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons