Top 10 from NFL.com Power Rankings

Started by SunMo, September 13, 2005, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote1. New England (1-0): For all that has been subtracted, Brady + Belichick still equals greatness.

2. Indianapolis (1-0): If the Colts defense is as strong as it looked vs. the Ravens, this team finally has everything necessary to go the distance.

3. Pittsburgh (1-0): Could we please dispense with the talk that Ben Roethlisberger's rookie success was some sort of fluke or mirage?

4. Atlanta (1-0): The Falcons need to do a better job of capitalizing on scoring opportunities, but they are off to a good start.

5. Kansas City (1-0): Shutting down Randy Moss and the Raiders would be an even stronger statement by the Chiefs' new and improved defense.

6. New Orleans (1-0): The Saints wasted no time showing they can handle being season-long road warriors.

7. Tampa Bay (1-0): Carnell Williams ' lightning-quick legs are something to behold. But how about that vaunted Bucs defense?

8. Dallas (1-0): Drew Bledsoe delivered an emphatic "Take that!" to the many (including yours truly) who thought he had nothing left to offer as a starter.

9. Buffalo (1-0): With an outstanding defense and Willis McGahee, the Bills simply need J.P. Losman to be as poised and efficient as he was vs. Houston and they'll go a long way.

10. Philadelphia (0-1): The Eagles defense is as dominant as ever, but the team needs to find its offensive rhythm -- and fast.

nothing like a little overreaction in week 1  ::)

Buffalo, Dallas, Tampa and New Orleans?  c'mon
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhanInDC

Farg that. It is based on who won and who lost in Week 1. Nothing more. farging gay.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles are the highest-ranked of teams with a loss, and the 49ers are the lowest-ranked of teams with a win.

methdeez

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 13, 2005, 03:22:34 PM
The Eagles are the highest-ranked of teams with a loss, and the 49ers are the lowest-ranked of teams with a win.

Sounds pretty reasonable.

ice grillin you

"and fast"

lolol...what a joke

'fast' will be about two minutes into the sf game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

WEST is GOD

I've said before that I'm never comfortable being constantly praised by everyone. I hope all power rankings have us really low. The more people I can sit back and laugh at when we shut them up, the better.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wow, I didn't notice that the Eagles were so low on NFL.com.  Oh well.  We saw what never dropping out of the top 3 did for us last year... a whole lot of nothing.

MURP

Quote6. New Orleans (1-0): The Saints wasted no time showing they can handle being season-long road warriors

so they can handle it all season long because they won 1 game.  ha. 

rjs246

Yeah, so this barely qualifies as news.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

RJS, apparently you were not aware that the Superbowl winner is determined by week 1 NFL dot com power rankings.  get with the program jibby. 

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on September 13, 2005, 03:38:57 PM
Yeah, so this barely qualifies as news.

ha!  so you acknowledge that it is news!

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Mad-Lad

i figured i'd throw next in line on nfl.com's power rankings:

Quote from: nfl.com10. Brett Favre (0-1): Not the Packers, but Brett Favre barely misses the top 10 because of his heart, leadership, and greatness.  He's well on his way to another MVP season in our book.  We love you Brett  :-*

PhillyPhreak54

Shoot the guy in the head who wrote that muckity muck.

Magical_Retard

besides NE and Pitt i dont agree with any of the picks.

madden actually made sense on MNC when he stated how week 1 doesnt tell anything, and even up till week 5 you can not be sure. he was like how the colts and chiefs defenses looked very good but thats just one week and he doesnt believe they are that good.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!