The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Justin Williams can't catch a break (ROME)

2000-01 = broken finger
2001-02 = shoulder issues
2002-03 = sprained knee (missed half the season)
2003-04 = broken wrist
2007-08 = torn ACL (missed half the season)
2008-09 = issue with Achilles tendon and broken hand (missed half the season)
2009-10 = broken leg (out indefinitely)

MDS

i was talking to a scout from the echl or ahl or chl or whatever last night, some low level minor league, and he said that its pretty much a given that winnipeg, quebec city and toronto are getting teams within the next decade.

but he said it was a no go on the return of the mighty whale.

any shot this is true? because god forbid there should be actual hockey towns with hockey teams.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Hartford is a zesty town, and couldnt support their team before.  The league wont go back, but its a guarantee Quebec city and or Hamilton will have a team probably in 2 years.  Phx is gone, the Panthers will probably be moved too
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

the mighty whale must live!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah i heard quebec is a lock

MDS

also said milwaukee isnt an option because of the guy who was pushing for it died and the proximity to chicago.

but wouldnt it make sense to have hockey in a state wheres its always 4 degrees? no. put it in phoenix.

Seabiscuit36

Blame Bettman, he's entirely to blame along with the other owners.  I guarantee IGY and I could run the league better
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/aplfhPu4iiU

Patrice Cormier hits Mikael Tam, Tam is hosptialized still, Cormier is suspended indefinitely.  Cormier was the 53rd overall pick of the devils in 2008 and may get called up to the AHL this year
http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=306706

BigEd76

Toronto just traded for Dion Phaneuf, JS Giguere and 2 other players and gave up six, including Jason Blake and Vesa Toskala...

MDS

who are those people and why does this matter and why cant i, if i wanted to, just find this out on espn.com

ice grillin you

jason blake looks like the kid from gummo

Seabiscuit36

ice grillin you

caps finally lost thank god...it would have been a travesty and so fraudulant if they had beaten the pens record