DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Owens must have raised the bar for tolerable WR behavior; I just don't see what Jackson did that's so farging bad. Dio sounds like a reefer madness commercial...I buy weed, profits go to gangs, gangs kill kids so by the transitive property I kill kids. Good...farg the children

Geowhizzer

Who knows what's in the future for Jackson?

The Eagles have been living with Jackson, for good and for bad, for six seasons.  They decided that the good no longer outweighed the bad.  There is not a heck of a lot we can do about that.  We'll probably never know everything the Eagles know (or assumed) about Jackson.

Was cutting him outright the correct thing to do?  Time will tell for that.  I think it's clear that they weren't given much of an offer for him - even a 7th would at least be something.  Instead, the Eagles get nothing but a $6 million hit on the cap and the knowledge that anyone in the NFL, including NFC East rivals, can get him to a much cap-friendlier contract.

Football wise, you can't help but wonder how the Eagles will replace the talent and speed that Jackson provided to Foles.  It does put the Sproles acquisition in context - someone to replace the return abilities.  Maybe between Sproles and a draft pick, the Eagles can approach the area code of Jackson's total production, but even that would be at the expense of the ability of using the draft pick to beef up a mediocre defense.

We'll see, I guess...

Eagaholic

more things that make you wonder

QuotePolice dramatically revise estimate of cash stolen from DeSean Jackson
Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
20060606_cash_getty57610799 Getty Images

On Friday, receiver DeSean Jackson officially became a former Eagle.  Also on Friday, $250,000 officially became a former amount of cash allegedly stolen from him in January.

Coincidentally or otherwise, police dramatically reduced the estimated haul of cash from Jackson's home in January.  Initially, reports indicated thieves had stolen $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two guns.

According to Michael Newall of the Philadelphia Inquirer, only $20,000 was stolen.

"This was a genuine mistake on our part," police spokesman John Stanford said. "His mother was giving police what she thought was in the home. [T]hey interviewed Jackson, he knows what's in his house, and he said, 'No, that's wrong.' He told them what was missing."

But like so many other things associated with Jackson's final weeks with the Eagles, this one doesn't add up.  If only $20,000 was stolen from Jackson, why did he offer (according to Jeff McLane of the Inquirer) a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators?

Something doesn't add up.  It could be, if the report of the reward was true, that Jackson deliberately lowered the amount stolen from him once he realized that it simply wasn't a good look for him to have so much money in his house — and to then have it stolen.

And if Jackson provided his reduced estimate to police back in January, it doesn't make sense that the reduced estimate remained under wraps until the very day Jackson was cut.All things considered, it's hard not to at least wonder whether the Eagles wanted to keep the notion of Jackson having $250,000 in cash and losing it alive while the team went through the machinations of making Jackson a former member of the team.  Then again, nothing stopped Jackson from going public to make it clear that he was robbed of only $20,000.Unless, of course, the truth is that the higher amount was stolen

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

so if all that stuff is true - poor work ethic, blew off his exit meeting etc, isn't that where a player gets suspended? I'm not disputing any of the things I've heard about DJ but did they not sit him down, spell out the problems, expectations and consequences first?

PhillyPhreak54

Well well well

Quote@Jeff_McLane: Can confirm reports that FA WR DeSean Jackson will visit with the taterskins on Monday, per NFL source. At least nine other teams interested.

SD

Danny will cake him off, and he's gonna burn us twice a year.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. He's going to offer him crazy money and then he'll be dancing in the Linc in a goddamned taterskins uniform.

farging Howie and Chip...good job, boys. Great job!

MDS

quick trivia question

when was the last time pimp returned a punt/kick for a td
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 29, 2014, 03:17:16 PM
Owens must have raised the bar for tolerable WR behavior; I just don't see what Jackson did that's so farging bad. Dio sounds like a reefer madness commercial...I buy weed, profits go to gangs, gangs kill kids so by the transitive property I kill kids. Good...farg the children

dio is the hipster that moves to the city to gentrify but before he raises property taxes to move out all the coloreds he tell stories about how close they live to him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteLindsay Murphy ‏@LindsayFox5  1m

Hearing that when Desean Jackson visits DC Monday Dan Snyder will not let him leave...will open up the pocket books for this

PhillyPhreak54