DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Just give me a new owner.  The gambling drunk who threatened to move the franchise to Phoenix, the used car salesman aka: The guy in France and the head usher.  I've seen some real doozies farg this team over.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Jaccpot=KKKooper

What I mean is, Jackson might as well have been hanging out with the KKK and dropping white power pamphlets online.  If you had a player doing that, you get rid of him.  This "the gang thing isn't a big deal" is way off base.  It's a huge deal.  The NFL, and the Eagles, cannot afford to overlook gang culture, whether the Crips or the Aryan Nation, being promoted on the field/by their guys.  It's the easiest thing in the world to understand. 

Billion dollar mainstream businesses selling to kids and grandparents don't willingly carry risks like that.

Side question...if gang stuff is so common...who are the other players doing it?  I'd like to know names of players in the NFL--or farg, any Major sport--who are openly glorifying ganglife in uniform, on Instagram, hanging out with known gangsters, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

I don't know about the NFL, but Paul Pierce and Derrick Rose have thrown gang signs and are still employed and heavily endorsed NBA stars.

QB Eagles

Dio, let me ask you: if DJax was still pressing his luck with all this gang shtein, but was a model citizen in the locker room/tape room/strength and conditioning room, and he was actually letting himself be coached, do you think the Eagles would still have released him?

Diomedes

Great question.  After Hernandez, I don't know.  I'm having a hard time imagining the boss carrying that risk.  Gangs are dead kids, you know?  Dead kids are bad for business.

If he was hanging with white supremicists and putting up photos on Instagram of dixie flags and nooses, he'd be gone.  People don't call that "culture," but it's really no different.  Gangs do the same shtein, but mostly to themselves and each other.

I can def. imagine the team letting it slide and keeping him in your scenario, but I think it's equally possible that they just don't want the risk. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 29, 2014, 07:15:57 AM
I don't know about the NFL, but Paul Pierce and Derrick Rose have thrown gang signs and are still employed and heavily endorsed NBA stars.

Well farg, that's news to me.  I don't follow the NBA, except for a little bit during playoffs.  Were these one time incidents, or are they out on twitter repping for their crews, etc?

QB Eagles

Pierce used to repeatedly throw blood signs during games. He just denied that it was a gang sign. I think he got fined for it eventually and he stopped doing it. D-Rose had pics of him throwing Gangster Disciples signs up on the Internet, he claimed it was just a joke.

In both cases those are the signs of the crews in the neighborhoods they grew up in.

Sometimes these guys just do that shtein to rep the neighborhood, Crips are Long Beach, Bloods are Inglewood, etc. It's not like you'd expect them to be actively involved, they are celebrities, pretty much mascots for the neighborhood and its gangs. Now, even if the team is run by old white guys, the Eagles aren't dumb and can probably figure out the difference between a fake gangster and a real gangster when they have to base a multimillion dollar decision on it. Unless DJax was in too deep, which is admittedly still possible, I gotta think this was first and foremost a football decision, about establishing a certain culture on the team.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on March 29, 2014, 03:26:51 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 11:03:02 PM
so is the spadaro everything will be ok just wait and see act

Spudz tried that same shtein with Pinkston.  "Oh no, they expect big things from him" kool aid speech is what we got after his lackluster rookie year.   

hes the king of telling non stepfords to simply farg off if they don't have 100% faith in the franchise and dare to question it at all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Funny side note on Spudz - and I'm sure this is common knowledge - but Murph told me at a game once they came up with this site as a parody of the official site because Spudz was such a ridiculous homer.

Any chance Lee or Beckham fall to the Birds at 22? If not they can use a late or future pick to move up a few spots. What no ones talking about with this is this draft should be spent building up the D, now we have to address WR. Maybe Safety in the second, then BPA. #1 need is still a pass rusher.

JackStraw

to dios point i think the difference is that like graffiti, fringe gang symbolism is allowed by msm as evidence of artistic expression from belief they emanate from lack of economic opportunity as a result of historical and current military industrial complex repression.

While White Supremacy/KKK/ayran meme is exclusively the abhorrent third rail not to be tolerated one iota due to collective guilt from above. and rightly so. Yet the duality exists and is in play at all times wherever the race card also lurks.

dio is right in calling out the disparate impact, but it will continue to exist in support to those denying a "broken windows" component to solving urban issues of self sufficiency and opportunity by continuing to present these media, gaming and Hollywood profit-motivated gang touchstones as "edgy" -  but nonetheless acceptable symbolism.
Endless regression to the mean

Eagaholic

Another angel that's been mentioned is DJ flashes his signs and pics to help build his Jaccpot label and get his rap business off the ground. He's not necessarily trafficking heroin.   

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteChris Russell @Russellmania980
Follow

Between @RapSheet report and the #taterskins people I've spoken with, I think the interest in D-Jax is more than any of us thought at first.

He will end up in Washington.

I checked in on ES yesterday and the idiots there were split on whether they wanted him in their beloved burgundy and gold.

Diomedes

I don't for a second think the guy is actually an active gang member.  I just think he's in with them.  They kill kids, he catches footballs.  Each party basks in the glow of the other's fame/infamy.

BigEd76

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 29, 2014, 07:21:19 AM
If DJax was still pressing his luck with all this gang shtein, but was a model citizen in the locker room/tape room/strength and conditioning room, and he was actually letting himself be coached, do you think the Eagles would still have released him?

Nope.  The Eagles (and the rest of the league) knew his history when he was drafted, and Andy dealt with his off-the-field BS for 5 years.  The franchise knew about the gang stuff before the NJ.com article, so that wasn't the reason why he was released, but it was suspiciously timed to happen on the same day.  I think this was all Chip.  He comes in, sees what he has in a rebuilding year, sees most of the team is willing to adapt to a new culture, sees DeSean is still unwilling to change, sees he's still bitching about his contract 2 years into a 5-year deal, sees him blow off the end-of-season meeting to discuss offseason workouts, sees he had one good play but was otherwise nonexistent in the wildcard game, and he decided it wasn't worth it to deal with a pain in the ass moving forward, and that's why he didn't talk to DeSean until a few days ago.  After all of that happened, they tried to trade him, got minimal interest (and suspicious looks from GMs wondering why the Eagles were trying to dump him), and knowing the story was about to be released, decided to just release him.  Stuff like this happens in the office too, and I went through it last year with my department.  If you have an employee on your team that does their job well 9-5 but is out the door at 5:01, isn't willing to put in extra effort, constantly bashes the boss, gets the rest of the employees to go against that boss and makes things miserable for everyone, the boss has to weigh the pros and cons of keeping that employee around. In the end, the employee was fired suddenly and it hit our group hard, but after things calmed down and everyone was back on the same page, we moved on and the team became more productive.  That's what Chip is counting on here, and it's not the first time he's done it.  In 2010 he suspended then released a potential Heisman finalist in Jeremiah Masoli because of off-the-field issues, and the team went on to the BCS Championship game anyway.  It sucks that DeSean is gone because he was one of my favorite Eagles to watch, but if the offense continues to put up huge numbers without him and this team is winning 12-14 games every year, I'll get over it.

hbionic

I'll have what BigEd is having. Thanks Ed, that helps the wound heal a bit. Still gonna miss that guy on the field (where else, right?).

Hope he can still have an illustrious career.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05