DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I'm willing to bet Chips big play offense has already hit its high water mark, and he's oblivious to that possibility. Furthermore, they'll continuing to neglect defense by not using their first 2 round picks on it again.

shorebird

It's just a shame. He was the most exciting player the Eagles have had in a long time. He's electrifying like Cunningham was back in the day. I'll never forget the punt return against the Giants.

DAMN IT MAN!! Why does this shtein have to happen to this team!? This is like a punch to the gut. I mean, I understand why he was cut. I think there's a lot more to the story than has came to light as of now. I think the Eagles know things, or think things they aren't making public. There has to be something more concrete to their reasoning. It would have to be something big for me to cut him.  And no...there's no farging way that he was cut because someone like Lurie or Kelley's authority was undermined, or they got their feelings hurt like igor suggests. That's just plain stupid speculation.

It's just par for the course for this franchise and it's fans. Another swift kick to the nuts, backhanded chop to the throat, sausage fingered doctors rectal exam. Just when they look like they might be turning the corner, another stink bomb drops. It's a vicious never ending cycle with the farging team.

hbionic

I'm pretty sure it's not the franchise that is cursed, it's but it's our whole collective luck as a whole that creates this universe for us.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

It is crazy to rely on post-ACL Maclin, Cooper and whomever else they bring in via the draft.

Even if they pulled off a blockbuster to trade up and get Evans or Watkins (which they have ZERO ammunition in which to bargain with) the learning curve on rookie wide receivers is usually a big one. Every once in awhile you'll get one who bucks that and balls out, but the odds aren't in your favor.

So lets say that Maclin's knee isn't right and he doesn't go back to being a solid WR or even worse he re-injures it...then they're down to Cooper, Arrelious Benn (knee trouble), BJ Cunningham, Damaris Johnson, Jeff Maehl, Momah, Brad Smith and Will Murphy....and whichever two or three guys they bring in.

Plus the TEs and RBs...and the hope that Foles is legit.

I'm not feeling it.

Zanshin

Holy Crap. Man up, people. It's not ideal, but it is what it is and you'll probably never know exactly why. And if you did, it still wouldn't matter. You don't get a vote other than choosing to no longer support the franchise, which, let's face it, is an empty threat. The woe is me routine is drama queen territory. Time will tell how it all plays out, but the handwringing is unbecoming.

PhillyPhreak54

I an upset that this franchise hasn't won a Super Bowl. I am upset they pissed away the McNabb years with shtein at WR and no commitment to the running game. They go get a legit WR and he blows up and they cut him in 2005.

They let Dawkins walk and then they spend years trying to replace him with zesty guys.

Now they dump a legitimate WR for reasons that make no sense. Maybe if they explained their decision then it would help people understand. But rather than doing that they decide to hide from it and let the negativity and speculation percolate.

You wanna dump your stud WR? Own it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on March 28, 2014, 10:58:42 PM
Time will tell how it all plays out, but the handwringing is unbecoming.

so is the spadaro everything will be ok just wait and see act

i don't know why its so hard for homers to see that a beloved and/or super important player in a lot of peoples eyes was sent away for nothing less than 12 hours ago....sorry if people arent quite ready to shut up and move on yet
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

The Dawkins thing was worse than this, at least for me, philosophically.

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2014, 11:03:02 PM

i don't know why its so hard for homers to see that a beloved and/or super important player in a lot of peoples eyes was sent away for nothing less than 12 hours ago....sorry if people arent quite ready to shut up and move on yet

I don't care about talking about the player. But the talk of curses and the like is drama.

Zanshin

Also, I didn't say everything would be okay. I don't know if it would be okay with Jackson, either, under whatever these circumstances are. But time will tell. No doubt about that.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on March 28, 2014, 11:05:13 PM

I don't care about talking about the player. But the talk of curses and the like is drama.

im with you on that....im an atheist who has never believed in curses fate luck superstition whatever

unless the pelicans move up into the top 3 of the nba lottery....then an everything ive ever believed in life reevaluation period might be necessary
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2014, 08:01:24 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 28, 2014, 07:22:50 PMThis makes no sense unless an indictment is coming and soon, though.  You don't just cut a guy loose like this.  You just don't.

Two thoughts:

1.)  I have a hard time understanding how you could actually think this way.  If the FO really thinks this guy, on top of all his other quirks, is gang affiliated...why the farg would you continue to employ him?  For a few touchdowns?  That makes no sense from their perspective.  They have much bigger concerns than he's a great player.  Gangs aren't just rap video posing; they're dead kids.  Do you want to be sending your PR guy out to explain that yeah, you knew he was chilling with gangsters, putting them on his payroll, flashing gang signs while in your uniform on teevee, etc....and you figured it was okay because he scored touchdowns?

Think about it.  It doesn't add up.  If you're the FO and you think all these things are true....you cut ties.  It's the only thing to do to "protect the brand," as they would say in the marketing conference room.

That's absolutely not how the NFL works...all teams willfully employ dog kickers, domestic abusers, and drug dealers/users. I understand where Marketing Exec Zanshin is coming from, but for a ditch digger, I'm surprised to see you so ready to defend our corporate masters.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 28, 2014, 11:57:34 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on March 28, 2014, 08:01:24 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 28, 2014, 07:22:50 PMThis makes no sense unless an indictment is coming and soon, though.  You don't just cut a guy loose like this.  You just don't.

Two thoughts:

1.)  I have a hard time understanding how you could actually think this way.  If the FO really thinks this guy, on top of all his other quirks, is gang affiliated...why the farg would you continue to employ him?  For a few touchdowns?  That makes no sense from their perspective.  They have much bigger concerns than he's a great player.  Gangs aren't just rap video posing; they're dead kids.  Do you want to be sending your PR guy out to explain that yeah, you knew he was chilling with gangsters, putting them on his payroll, flashing gang signs while in your uniform on teevee, etc....and you figured it was okay because he scored touchdowns?

Think about it.  It doesn't add up.  If you're the FO and you think all these things are true....you cut ties.  It's the only thing to do to "protect the brand," as they would say in the marketing conference room.

That's absolutely not how the NFL works...all teams willfully employ dog kickers, domestic abusers, and drug dealers/users. I understand where Marketing Exec Zanshin is coming from, but for a ditch digger, I'm surprised to see you so ready to defend our corporate masters.

Dio, as Tomahawk said, it isn't as simple as that. Think of it like this. Let's say you just bought yourself a nice fast shiny new car, and you took out a 5 year loan to do so. After a while you start having problems with it. Then more problems. So after 3 years you're getting tired of the car. Do you just dump it in the ocean (environmental impact aside)?

First you'd try to fix it. And if it then gets to the point it is more trouble than it's worth you try to sell it or trade it in because you still owe 3 years payment on it and it has value.

Cutting DeSean without trading for a player or picks just created $6 million in dead money from what was left on his guaranteed money. Eagles just got a good safety, but still need another, but maybe better one. There goes your other safety.

And that is just the financial end. From a football standpoint the best thing the team had going for it is a quick strike big play offense. That's gone now and will be hard to replace. Jackson's speed and long ball threat is what really opened up things for Shady and the tight ends, synergistically so. To replace that they'll likely need to spend their first round pick on that wr instead of fixing the D. The car analogy isn't a perfect one, the new WR will cost less per year than Jackson and a good safety will likely have more that $6 million guaranteed, but that's the general idea.

MDS

agree with this....bottom line is chip didnt want him. couldnt be traded. they knew the gang shtein was coming (or tipped nj.com off) and that was it. he was gone.

gang shtein is not a huge issue. chip just didnt want him around. hes used to this from oregon...go into the ghetto and get a wild boy. he performs well but is a POS off the field. get rid of him because you have another 20 more coming in next year. difference is this is the nfl and pimp's dont grow on trees.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/252989401.html
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Spudz tried that same shtein with Pinkston.  "Oh no, they expect big things from him" kool aid speech is what we got after his lackluster rookie year.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.