DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

He will end up in New York.

The comments on CSN and Philly.com and other phillycentric websites are disgusting though. Many references to being a thug and a punk.

When did Philly turn into Boston with all the racist shtein?

Rome

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 23, 2014, 05:08:15 PM
Woody Johnson at the owners meeting: "We're looking at a number of players, including DeSean."  Tampering?

It is tampering and is against league policy, but the league is unlikely to take action unless the Eagles file a complaint.

Eagaholic

I dont think it would be tampering if the Eagles contacted them first.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on March 23, 2014, 04:50:44 PM
It's ironic that the Patriots are one of the leading contenders to get him then.   

Belichick acquired one of the biggest prima donnas in the history of the game (Randy Moss) and came within a minute of having a perfect season with him.
Yeah, Belichick is the new king of hiring problem children. Haynesworth, Ochocincho,Talib and LeGarrette Blount are a few recent ones and he drafted Hernandez knowing of his rep. I think he's willing to give anyone who can help a chance, but just one. He's a my way or the highway guy with a hair trigger. He doesn't seem to flinch with getting rid of, or not bringing back even key guys like Welker, Seymour etc. Also ironic it is often over salary disputes.

Don Ho

As unreal as Belichick is it still blows my mind he hasn't won a Super Bowl since beating the birds.   Hey, give us 3 Super Bowls in 4 years (in all of our lifetimes of course) and the birds can suck forever after.

MDS

good take on the pimp situation

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140324_DeSean_no_longer_fit_mold_for_Eagles_receiver.html

still doesnt address the larger point that getting rid of him for pennies on the dollar, or just outright cutting him, is silly. id love a guy like bejamin or evans in replace of pimp....if they can pull it off.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 24, 2014, 02:53:12 AM
good take on the pimp situation

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140324_DeSean_no_longer_fit_mold_for_Eagles_receiver.html

still doesnt address the larger point that getting rid of him for pennies on the dollar, or just outright cutting him, is silly. id love a guy like bejamin or evans in replace of pimp....if they can pull it off.

its an unbelievably awful take.....the whole article is based on two things: 1. having big wr's especially on the outside and 2. mirroring the way the seahawks do things......yet amazingly doesn't mention that the seahawks two starting receivers last year were 5-10 and 5-11
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

yeah, i have to say it's an awful assessment.  Basically, its a "See what the Seahawks do, we should do that" but he's got no facts behind it.  farg philly papers
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

I'm giving serious consideration to banning the eagles from my life for 1-season if they trade Jackson.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Russell Wilson is 5'10" as well.

Horrible read.  Laughable really.

BigEd76

Howie is avoiding all questions about pimp, simply saying "He's still under contract", but he said a few times that WR is the deepest and best position in this draft