DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: SD on November 28, 2011, 05:43:13 PM
Quote from: SunMo on November 28, 2011, 05:30:46 PM
Quote from: SD on November 28, 2011, 05:17:34 PM
Quote from: SunMo on November 28, 2011, 12:32:18 PM
i don't blame him for short arming balls.  he's gotten two concussions for this team and they reward him by making him play for 600k this year with no contract offer.  good for him.  farg the team

Poor Desean, he's only playing for a measly 600k and the possibility of a multi-million dollar deal next season. I don't know how he manages to get by on 600k for playing a game. Meanwhile a chief surgeon is making less than him, saving lives, and not letting people die because he's bitter about his contract. Poor Desean.

comparing athletes' contract situations to real life working people is probably the most WIP thing you can do.

"Yeah, ya know, when I sign a contract for a plumbing job, I honor that contract.  So Desean should do the same thing!"

stop being retarded, i command you

How is it different exactly? I'll never understand this line of thinking. He's making 600k a year, for that type of money I'd take a concussion. Hell, I'd have sex with munson for that amount.

You wouldn't say that if you knew I charged 10 mil for the buttsecks.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

just take your money negro and catch the balls
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 28, 2011, 05:45:39 PM
600k in the pro sports universe is like thirty seven five in the real world...so no i wouldnt tak a potential career ending injury for 600k

600k is 600k regardless of who it is. He's getting paid that for playing a god damn sport. lol at the 'potential career ending injury', I'd love to hear a soldier tell his Commander he's not putting his life on the line unless he gets a pay raise.

MDS

well its first off its 300k after taxes...then percentages to agent, managers, union dues, insurances, etc. after all that he aint walkin away with a massive amount.

on top of that, and again, its not just an independent 600k. they paid steve smith. they paid avant. they paid vick. they took care of all those guys. but not him. hows that supposed to make him feel, when he of all people out performed his contract and most certainly deserved a raise?

it makes him feel like shtein and makes him resent the spiteful, arrogant organization he works for. and now theyre 4-7 and their best player is beyond unhappy and is probably gone for good.

but its pimps fault because he didnt play for banners pennies. if i were him i would either be doing the same thing or sitting out the year for good. farg them and their 600k. hes got 1 contract to get paid and if he goes full out over the middle of one of vy's zesty passes it could become 0 contracts.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I'll sum up Jackson real quick.  He's underpaid and he's acting like a little bitch. 

Like I said earlier, if he doesn't want to ball out when he's on the field, then he should have stuck with his holdout.  But underpaid or not, if he steps on the field then he should be willing to everything possible to help the team win and he obviously isn't playing to the best of his ability and hasn't all year. 

Do I blame him for not wanting to get laid out going across the middle of the field on $600k salary?  Not at all.  He's 1 hit away from having his career ended with nothing to fall back on.  Hell, his dumb ass is already a few hundred K in the hole to Rosenpuke to begin with.  So I'm fine with him wanting more money.  I support him getting more money...hopefully from the Eagles.  But when he decided to show up to play and not hold out, then he should have committed himself 100% to the team and he clearly hasn't done that.  He (and the team) would have probably been better off if he did hold out because he has been mostly absent all year anyway. 

MDS

youre right, they would be better off with jason avant and riley cooper

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 28, 2011, 05:34:15 PM
if pimp gets a deal and still plays like he has this year then you can call him a bitch....until i see that tho im gonna call him a hero for sticking it to banner inc for all the times they blackballed players for not signing low ball offers

I'm not calling him a bitch, Mr. Binary.  I'm saying the argument is "bitch vs. devil".

Get it?

BobbyT

You don't see Shady bailing out on plays and to say he is sticking it to the FO? The players play mostly for their team mates and the almighty $( not the fans or management)

Losing locker room respect is hard to get it back until you show up.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

hbionic

Eagles FO are fools. It'd be one thing if they were winning championships...but now want to alienate the best WR they've had since TO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackson is an UFA after this season?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

That shtein is so complicated, I have no idea.  I think so, if the FO doesn't Franchise him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on November 28, 2011, 06:44:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jackson is an UFA after this season?

yes...sort of....his contract is up but they can of course franchise him if they choose...hopefully they are smart enough not to....why would you not care about him enough to give him a new deal but then franchise him...either extend him long term or let him go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Forgot about that. I got scared he might leave after the season.

shtein man, they're going to hate each other when the deal is getting signed.

Whatever. Pay Jackson his money, move on, and let's see some more heartbreaking mediocre football!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

You can compare NFL salaries to real world jobs. It just has to be put into proper perspective like IGY did by saying $600k is like $xx.

If people in my field are making $200k a year and I am making $75k but I am better than them and outperforming them then you're damn right I will be looking for more too.

With that being said...I would not sulk about it or perform my job any less. I can be salty about it but I have integrity and pride in my performance. I don't want anyone thinking that I am some slacker who does enough to get by. I will bust my ass and ask for a raise and show I am worth it. If my company doesn't value me but another one does, then I make the move - just like an NFL player would.

Both parties are at fault here. The Eagles allowed this to fester because they lack tact. They fashion themselves as hardliners when in fact they should be more open or creative to working a deal. And Jackson should go out and prove his worth.

Another team may value him but they also see how he handles adversity and have to think that he would act the same way should he ever become dissatisfied with them.

MMH

Quote from: SD on November 28, 2011, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 28, 2011, 05:45:39 PM
600k in the pro sports universe is like thirty seven five in the real world...so no i wouldnt tak a potential career ending injury for 600k

600k is 600k regardless of who it is. He's getting paid that for playing a god damn sport. lol at the 'potential career ending injury', I'd love to hear a soldier tell his Commander he's not putting his life on the line unless he gets a pay raise.

To be fair, farg DeSean and his Hoyda ass.  That being said, a 180 lb WR who runs really fast and is dumb as a brick will stop making athlete type money by the time they're 32.  So making 600k in his 20s is not in his best interests.  I get that, so hold out as Sarge said.  Stick to your guns, watch the team shtein the bed for a few weeks until you get paid.  Otherwise, come back in week 11 and play out the season.  Then no one rides you for being a Hoyda.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 28, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
You can compare NFL salaries to real world jobs. It just has to be put into proper perspective like IGY did by saying $600k is like $xx.

If people in my field are making $200k a year and I am making $75k but I am better than them and outperforming them then you're damn right I will be looking for more too.

With that being said...I would not sulk about it or perform my job any less.

if im making five ten times less than people who are not just worse than me at their jobs but inferior in general at their jobs god damn right im not putting forth full effort and going out of my way for them...also if im putting forth maximum effort and producing at a high level and dont get rewarded for it im also gonna eventually not put out like i had been....thats human nature...and i unlike pimp dont work at a job where my career could end at any moment because of physical injury
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous