DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

they will never be able to do that to this sport thank god because there is no formula they can come up with to quantify how many balls other people catch because hes on the field

football unlike baseball is such a team game with so many moving parts all relying on each other that seamheads can never touch it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

That 'analysis' of Jackson completely eliminates what Jackson does for others on the field.  Jackson is routinely shaded by safeties over the top, opening up the middle of the field for Maclin/Celek etc, and also potentially clears the box for McCoy. 

reese125

So Santonio Holmes has a 1.6% higher catch rate than Jackson and he got $24 mill guaranteed.

Did this guy write an article how Holmes was overpaid by the Jets cause I missed it?

MDS

im not even going to read it

stats can break down ryan howard's chances of getting a hit in a certain spot. stats cant breakdown what pimp jackson does on the field. no point in even trying.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Stats can tell the tale to a certain extent, but there are intangibles good/great players bring that can't be put on a stat sheet. Pimp is such a rare talent that he makes every skill position player on the field better just from stepping on it. Holmes ain't doing it like the Pimp. If he isn't the fastest man in the game then he's one of 'em. That has to figure into any contract he gets. Also, when you watch him return punts, it's like he has a 7Th sense were to run. When he dropped the one against the Giants, I lost my breath, but when he picked it up it was like he instantly knew how to bust it. If anything looking at it now it was a good thing he dropped it because it faked out the whole Giant return team. And let's not forget the opening TD in the complete distruction of the taterskins. You wanna' talk shtein before the game to the Pimp? You could end up eatin' shtein before it's all over.

If the Eagles are stupid or hardheaded enough to ever let him hit the open market, teams will be emptying their bank accounts to get him

QB Eagles

I don't think the problem is trying to use stats to determine Jackson's worth. The problem is using stats retardedly, which that article does in spades.

To answer reese's question, the same hack wrote about Holmes, and he praised Holmes' catch rate.

Also, Grantland is pretentious trash.

Hawk

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 10, 2011, 05:50:52 PM
I don't think the problem is trying to use stats to determine Jackson's worth. The problem is using stats retardedly, which that article does in spades.

To answer reese's question, the same hack wrote about Holmes, and he praised Holmes' catch rate.

Also, Grantland is pretentious trash.

Bill Simmons is so full of himself nowadays...  that moustache he's been rocking on PTI is just confusing.

PhillyPhreak54

He looks like the "bacon neck" dude in the Hanes commercials.

Hawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 10, 2011, 07:10:04 PM

Wow.. he really does.

LBIggle

Quote from: shorebird on August 10, 2011, 01:26:37 PM
Stats can tell the tale to a certain extent, but there are intangibles good/great players bring that can't be put on a stat sheet. Pimp is such a rare talent that he makes every skill position player on the field better just from stepping on it. Holmes ain't doing it like the Pimp. If he isn't the fastest man in the game then he's one of 'em. That has to figure into any contract he gets. Also, when you watch him return punts, it's like he has a 7Th sense were to run. When he dropped the one against the Giants, I lost my breath, but when he picked it up it was like he instantly knew how to bust it. If anything looking at it now it was a good thing he dropped it because it faked out the whole Giant return team. And let's not forget the opening TD in the complete distruction of the taterskins. You wanna' talk shtein before the game to the Pimp? You could end up eatin' shtein before it's all over.

If the Eagles are stupid or hardheaded enough to ever let him hit the open market, teams will be emptying their bank accounts to get him

that's exactly true.  i'm not saying that's the only reason he busted it, but it was definitely a main reason.  if you ever played football one of the first things you learn is "ball" when there's a fumble and to go after it.  once it was fumbled most broke their lanes and went for the ball. 

in regards to the stats, they have some merit.. but you can't measure overall football ability.  he makes the entire offense better not only because he is fast, but because he can play basically any skill position on the offense.  they have to game plan for him to play rb, wr, wildcat etc.. basically line up anywhere on the field and he's able to score from there at any time as well.  in short pay the motherfarger.  he's just ridiculous.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on August 10, 2011, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 10, 2011, 07:10:04 PM

Wow.. he really does.

well both are white and have moustaches but they look nothing alike...commercial dood is straight MA jeff foxworthy clone

Drunkmasterflex

Quote"Pay that man! Pay that man! Pay that man!" – Chants from the crowd after Jackson's one-on-one catch against Samuel.

How awesome is this! This could might already be my favorite Eagle ever.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Stop it you little bitches, he's not hurt. Just a funny reminder that Pimp ain't just a nickname...

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

Hawk

Fatburger in AC is consistently a shtein show when MurMur lets out.