DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurking wierdo

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 28, 2011, 12:30:10 PM
Quote from: SunMo on July 28, 2011, 11:33:33 AM
it's pretty farging incredible that anybody out there would be against him in his holdout.  but as i look at the comments on various articles, you have farging retarded people calling him selfish and that his "antics" don't deserve a new contract.

a young brash black man about to make a lot of money?

im surprised anyone on the internet is for the holdout

and yeah holmes is a good baromometer...pimp is better but holmes was unrestricted so seems like his number is about right in this case
I am actually for the hold out. He's be dumb to report and risk injury. The CBA does address the non-guaranteed contracts in the NFL, but as his is "only" 565,000 this year, I don't know how he would be affected.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 12:52:45 PM
I understand a lot of criticism of the FO, but I really don't understand the criticism of them not getting a massive extension done for a player already under contract in the first few hurried days of league business.

i think if their intent was to sign him after things died down then hed be in camp...the fact that hes under contract and not showing up tells me the eagles have sent him messages that are not coming close to satisfying him or his agent...remember this contract situation goes back to before even last year...this is not something new that the eagles couldnt have addressed one way or another...even if it was nothing more than to say look desean you are getting your money and getting it before the season starts just come on in

imo they dont have a huge desire to resign him for anywhere close to what the market would dictate...but thats just me....hopefully im way off and he signs next week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Eagles not taking care of Jackson is like a person who buys a house with a hole in the roof painting the floor trim first.  And then cleaning the oven.  And then weeding the garden.  And then... well, you get the point.

They're farging stupid.  Period.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're both right, and I now finally see that there is no logic available to dispute it. None. Banner should have an entire team of accountants and lawyers working on every possible facet at once, and/or the FO should have gone whole hog on re-upping DeSean instead of bothering with addressing anything else first. Duh. How stupid I've been.

ice grillin you

no you make a good point....i guess they needed all those people to sign jason babin...and for the past year and a half all those people were prepping for the signing of jason babin

Rome

Getting an extension done for Jackson absolutely should have been concern # 1a after trading Kolb.

I don't see how anything else comes close.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on July 28, 2011, 01:54:57 PM
Getting an extension done for Jackson absolutely should have been concern # 1a after trading Kolb.

I don't see how anything else comes close.

Even if you're right, the Kolb deal still ain't done.

Rome

Which exposes their ineptitude even further.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Have to agree there. Kolb deal, assuming it does indeed happen with Arizona, should have been wrapped within 48 hours tops.

ice grillin you

an army of accountants and lawyers given the most time to prepare in the history of the league...not having to have put any time into their own free agents and a public promise from banner inc to pounce out of the gate has brought jason babin in the first three days of FA

PoopyfaceMcGee

don't forget they signed a rookie kicker named Henery and a rookie punter named Henry

lurking wierdo

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 02:01:22 PM
Have to agree there. Kolb deal, assuming it does indeed happen with Arizona, should have been wrapped within 48 hours tops.
Why?

Another way to look at it is let's get the unknowns out of the way and then wrap up Jackson. If he's a couple weeks late to camp, so what? They don't need him sweating off any of his 150lbs in August.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes, that is indeed "another" way of looking at this. No one here, especially not me, has said exactly that already.

ice grillin you

lol at calling the cobb trade an unknown

lurking wierdo

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 28, 2011, 03:00:49 PM
Yes, that is indeed "another" way of looking at this. No one here, especially not me, has said exactly that already.

But why did the Kolb deal need to be done yesterday> What was of such importance?