DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Is it me or do Vick and Desean work better than Kolb and Desean?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

shorebird

I can't figure that one out. Does Kolb have a certain disliking for the Pimp? I shore as hell hope not. It's plain as day to see, Kolb just doesn't throw Pimp's way enough. Is it just that he doesn't see him, thinks he's not open? When Pimp went down it was like the second pass he'd seen that game, right? You gots to get that man the friggen' ball. Vick does and it's apparent he's lookin' his way more so than Kolb does.

mussa

Either way they gotta get Djack the ball more regardless of who's QB.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

six yard gains must be had between the tackles by the hb and no other way goddamnit!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on November 08, 2010, 04:15:12 PM
Is it me or do Vick and Desean work better than Kolb and Desean?

Jackson's stats when Kolb starts:

Sept 20 2009 vs Saints - 4 rec, 101 yds, 1 td (9 targets)
Sept 27 2009 vs Chiefs - 6 rec, 149 yds, 1 td (10 targets)
Sept 12 2010 vs Packers - 0, 0, 0 (Kolb injured in 1st half) (unknown targets)
Oct 10 2010 vs 49ers - 2 rec, 24 yds, 0 td (3 targets)
Oct 17 2010 vs Falcons - 1 rec, 34 yds, 1 td (Jackson injured in 1st half) (1 target)

Total (5 starts, 3 complete games) - 13 rec, 308 yds, 3 td (23 targets)

Jackson's stats when Vick starts:

Sept 19 2010 vs Detroit - 4 rec, 135 yds, 1 td (7 targets)
Sept 26 2010 vs Jaguars - 5 rec, 153 yds, 1 td (8 targets)
Oct 3 2010 vs Racists - 1 rec, 6 yds, 0 td (Vick injured in 1st qtr) (unknown targets)
Nov 7 2010 vs Colts - 7 rec, 109 yds, 1 td (8 targets)

Total (4 starts, 3 complete games) - 17 rec, 403 yds, 3 td (23 targets)

IMO, there isn't a big enough body of work with either QB to definitively say that either QB works better with Jackson than the other because the stats are relatively close.   But the real noticable difference that he has almost 100 more yds with Vick than Kolb.  Personally, I would just say that Jackson makes both (any) QB's better. 

Edit (added # of times Jackson was targeted in the game) - Both QB's have 3 complete games that they've played with Jackson on the field.  In those games, Vick has targeted Jackson 1 more time than Kolb (23-22).  So there's definitely no truth to any perception out there that Vick throws to Jackson more than Kolb.  Jackson does have a few more receptions and a lot more yards though, but is that due to Vick being a superior QB or is it because of a better offensive playcall, or does Reid stretch the field more with Vick? etc, etc, etc.  Who knows? 

Diomedes

It's awful nice to have all this information in one place.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Sarge! Allright!  Good job.  Those are very interesting facts.  I have to admit I thought the same as most people in that Vick and Jackson had better chemistry.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I loved the Eagles using the end around to help run down the clock.  The Colts had effectively stuffed the standard running game after that first McCoy run, so it was actually really good playcalling for a change to give the ball to pimp.

Tomahawk

Sarge, now compile a list of targets/completions/yards/tds for each QB to Maclin.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 09, 2010, 10:05:34 AM
I loved the Eagles using the end around to help run down the clock.  The Colts had effectively stuffed the standard running game after that first McCoy run, so it was actually really good playcalling for a change to give the ball to pimp.

Mussa's head just exploded

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 09, 2010, 11:13:55 AM
Sarge, now compile a list of targets/completions/yards/tds for each QB to Maclin.

I'll get right on that......just as soon as I'm done compiling a list of how many times your mom's vadge has been targeted by truckers and crackheads.  This might take a while.   

Tomahawk

Holy shtein, you're going to be busy until the new millennium