With the First Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select...

Started by Pissed Off, September 18, 2007, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

After 7 weeks:  #11 if Denver wins, #12 if Denver loses

Current top 5:
1) St. Louis
2) Miami
3) Atlanta
4) N.Y. Jets
5) New England (from SF)

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

how about a safety that can play...Sean Considine flat out SUCKS.  not only did he continuously get run over today, but he gave up the winning touchdown...

but wait, he's supposed to be better than Michael Lewis, farg off
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

The BIGSTUD

I was higher on Phillips before the season than I am now. He was the one guy I wanted out of that draft, but now I'm not so sure. We have much bigger needs. WR and DE being two of them.

I don't know where he'll go, but James Hardy out of Indiana is a stud.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

pinoyboy2pt0

Kenny Phillips needs to learn better angles.  He lets some people go by him with his bad angles, which I guess is a common problem with people who think they can out run everyone.  He also seemed to "give up" when the game was a little out of reach for the opponent.  Like the Texas A&M game, he gave up a go route (bad angle + lazy?) and the RB actually got a TD, but the refs said he was out at the one and A&M kicked a FG instead.  Texas could have made the game closer if that was a correct call, but...  I watched a few U games, and even attended one and just watched him (well, and Campbell a little).  Just kinda stands around if a guy is getting tackled, doesn't play to the whistle.  Then again, he's young and you can teach him.  Only problem I see with him, although it's hard to get a lot of Miami highlights. 

That said, he's better than (from TATE) Sean "Jansport" Considine.  Jansport bc he's a farging human backpack.  Hahaha.

I don't know anything about DeSean expect he's a WR from Cal.  I mean, what kind of player is he...I see his size, but, is he a Hoyda like Curtis or can he beat the jam or win a jump ball?
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

The BIGSTUD

Desean Jackson is too inconsistent IMO to be a #1 WR in the NFL. I wouldn't take him. I like Hardy and Manningham more than him right now.

This team needs a true #1 like when we had TO. No more of those guys that are borderline #1s. Get a dominant playmaker.

I like Hardy because he is 6'7. I want a big target for McNabb that can jump and just snatch the ball out of the sky.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

The BIGSTUD

He is an incredible return man, but to me he is more of a Ginn type, as he is a better return man than receiver.

I'd rather address them seperately and go out and get a stud playmaking receiver either through trade or draft. Just get one I don't care how.

pinoyboy2pt0

I think if we wanted size, and drafting a TE, we would have gotten Leonard Pope.  6'8" 265.  Although we did get a lot out of that draft and he went right behind Gocong.  Then again 6'8" is a long ways away to grab the wormburners. 

Although I like the idea of a tall WR that can just go up and get it like TO/Plax.

KingCole, what about Sweed?
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

PhillyandBCEagles

WR or DB.  Maybe LB although if we have a top 10 pick there's no one that I'm in love with that high.

Jackson is an absolute game changer on special teams....he can contribute on offense too but he's got the potential to be a Devin Hester caliber KR/PR.  I don't see how you can pass up on a guy like that if you get the chance to take him.  If we don't get Jackson, then I agree with Pinoy--get a tall-ass WR, either Sweed or Bowman from Oklahoma State.  At DB hopefully we can get DeJuan Tribble from BC in the 2nd round....kid is a Lito Sheppard clone, minus the injuries (hasn't missed a single game at BC that I can remember).

Of course we all know we're going to trade down and end up taking some right tackle from Sam Houston State  :boom :boom :boom :boom

BigEd76

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on October 21, 2007, 11:45:41 PM
I think if we wanted size, and drafting a TE, we would have gotten Leonard Pope.  6'8" 265.  Although we did get a lot out of that draft and he went right behind Gocong.  Then again 6'8" is a long ways away to grab the wormburners. 

Although I like the idea of a tall WR that can just go up and get it like TO/Plax.

KingCole, what about Sweed?

I don't claim to be a draft guru, but I always thought Sweed could've been better than he was.

I'm not a HUGE fan of that many receivers in this draft. If we wanted one, then last year was the time to get one. I just don't trust this team drafting any position besides offensive line, DB, and QB anymore. So while I think WR is our biggest need, I'm worried they'd find a way to mess it up. They haven't been good at picking them.

I don't know if anyone in this draft is going to be a sure #1 WR lock. That said, it is still early in the college season, so someone could emerge as that player by season's end.

I just hope we can make a trade for a receiver, but with this front office it will never happen. If Chad Johnson ever became available, then the first thing every fan in the delaware valley would say is we have no shot at getting him. Why? Why aren't they ever interested in the big names? Chad Johnson might be obnoxious sometimes, but he has never ripped a team apart like TO has. But you know this front office would NEVER welcome Chad Johnson on this team. They act like they've won something and their high standards are warranted.

Whatever, sorry for that rant that evolved from basic college receiver talk.

PhillyandBCEagles