The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Breer says the new DC will be someone already in the NFL, but it won't be Herrmann.  He withdrew his name from consideration and will stay with the Giants

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

That's it?  One black guy?  For real?

Booo
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

If the rumors are true about them coming from Oregon, there's also Todd Lyght and Greg Austin, and the James Harris guy that isn't a football coach but more of a guidance counselor

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Following up, it looks like Minter will be the new OLB coach with McGovern handling ILB, so that pretty much confirms 3-4

They also hired Boston College ST coach Mike Dawson to be the new defensive quality control guy.  He was New Hampshire's DC when Chip was their OC

BigEd76

Mosher says Ed Donatell is a possible candidate.  He's on the Niners so it'd be another two weeks before they could hire him, and he was the Packers DC for 4th-and-26 and the Falcons DC for the Eagles CG win (but other than that his defenses seemed to do OK)

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 21, 2013, 01:28:20 PM
Ted Williams is black too

As is Caldwell.  Or did Reid take him when he went?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Chip's requirement for his DC: "shutoutability" (great, we hired G.W.)

As for his staff: "You need really, really, smart people. People who are dedicated. You need people who are just a little bit 'off' too."

Azz is walking around Mobile with an Eagles nametag but won't talk about it

PhillyPhreak54

Washburn signs to coach with the Lions where his son is a coach

Castillo is with the Ravens as a consultant and will be the running game cordinator next year

Sgt PSN

Det runs the wide 9 already, so yeah...whatever.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 21, 2013, 11:12:07 PM
Det runs the wide 9 already, so yeah...whatever.

Helps explain the years of futility.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

holy shtein this staff is turning into a train wreck

BigEd76

Former Oregon TE Justin Peelle apparently retired and became the new assistant TE coach

ice grillin you

i honestly think they are gonna have a legit shot at jadeveon