The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on January 16, 2013, 05:05:18 AM
They actually let him walk without signing him to a deal?

Awesome.

Your phone will be ringing shortly. Howie needs your expert assistance in this negotiation.

ice grillin you

yup hes officially on a plane to jacksonville

farg howie roseman
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

the past two weeks angelo and that dumb whore rhea have been complaining about why these interviews need to be so long.  who needs 9 hours to talk to a head coach.  farging ed rendell said it should take 90 minutes.

then mike lombardi comes on and said those interview lengths are legit and needed because owners and gms need to run through an entire gambit of situations and questions to really get a feel for the candidate.

as soon as lombardi gets off, angelo and rhea both say "well, i still don't think these interviews need to take this long"

farging angelo at his best....farging clown
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i agree with him....90 minutes is obviously ridiculous....but so is ten hours

ive never even spoke to gus bradley and i know hes the right guy....why do they need 11 hours

SunMo

you have no idea if he's the right guy.

you like that he's fiery and has a good youtube video.  you have no idea what type of offense he'd bring in, what he thinks of the current roster, what his philosophy is late in games, how does he run a training camp, etc...

my point was that a nfl personnel guy just told him on the phone that the long interviews are typical and for the most part necessary and he just says farg that my opinion is the same.  he's a joke

ice grillin you

you can interview gus bradley or anyone else for 36 hours straight and the smartest football guy in the world wouldnt know if hes gonna be a good coach....references are more important than any interview...if monte kiffin says hes a once in a lifetime coach thats good enough for me...let him in let him do his thing and see what happens...you do need a few hours just to get a sense of the man but other than that the rest is bunk

lombardi is not going to say otherwise and take the chance of pissing off the the rest of the fraternity and possibly jeopardize potential job openings

10 hour job interviews are just something that came about over the last half decade and now everyone thinks they need to do it or they will fall behind everyone else....its a true copycat league

if anyone needs to do a long ass interview its the coach interviewing the team and the new city he will be in to see if its the right place and enviroment for him...like if a 10 hour interview included driving around philly and seeing different neighborhoods and the like and taking the coach out to the palm then i could understand....but a ten hour interview of the team grilling the coach is complete overkill...because you are getting very little out of it....no one knows shtein until these guys get on the job

SunMo

grotz is suggesting that maybe the eagles think Gus isn't ready.  that would be infuriating.  if the guy has the references that he has, you have to live with some growing pains while he learns the nuances of the job. 

SunMo

couple guys think it might be Wisenhunt if not Gus.

i like that better than Billick or Lovie

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 09:06:16 AM
grotz is suggesting that maybe the eagles think Gus isn't ready.  that would be infuriating.  if the guy has the references that he has, you have to live with some growing pains while he learns the nuances of the job. 

i could see gus being to self confident...not exactly in your face but way to strong of a personality to the point it intimidated howie and set off his napolean complex alarms

billick and lovie would fit exactly what howie is looking for imo

SunMo

lovie maybe...but billick?  billick is a brash, somewhat in your face guy

ice grillin you

not to management tho...to his players and especially the press

i also think hes mellowed greatly...maybe its age maybe he just doesnt have that fire anymore...but when hes on the radio now its like night and day from the person he was even a few years ago...plus he hasnt been in the mix for a job in the last five years or whatever...in an interview these days i think he would pretty much blow the owner of a team if thats what he thought would get him the job

whisenhut seems to me like hed be much tougher and more emboldened in an interview than billick

PoopyfaceMcGee

Lovie was the guy I wanted all along. The defense is much more broken than the offense, and he's consistently had the Bears' D playing at a high level. He's never been great at putting together an offense, but the bar hasn't been set very high there after the last couple of seasons anyway... Even were he to pick an OC out of a hat, it still might be marginally better.

ice grillin you

the thing i like best about lovie is not even his coaching its his eye....he knows good defenders when he sees them...problem is i cant see him having anything more than minimal input into player acquisition if even that

PhillyPhreak54

You don't hire Andy Reid and then say Gus Bradley isn't ready.

Illusions a grandeur that end in a SB appearance in 2013 need to stop - make the damn hire