farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

From today's Jump Start comic strip:

phattymatty

TO spt in Hall's face last night, then admitted to it.

Seabiscuit36

What a douchebag.  On top of that here's what Jerrah said about TO dropping passes
QuoteJONES PROPS UP OWENS

At a time when Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is being criticized both for recent contradictory and (in our view) bizarre statements made during an ESPN interview and for spitting in the face of Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall, T.O.'s real boss has thrown him a bone.

After Saturday night's game, Dallas owner Jerry Jones proclaimed that Owens severed a tendon in his right ring finger a few weeks back in practice and that he declined season-ending surgery, even though (sniff) he might never have full use of the ring finger for . . . the . . . rest . . . of . . . his . . . life.

"There's no question about what he's willing to do for his team," Jones said.

"I'm doing this for the team," Owens said.  "I've done it before, where I've played through injuries and put all my selfish nature and my personal stuff to the side and put the team first."

In comments that were aired on ESPN, coach Bill Parcells indicated that he wasn't aware of the injury.

The oddest aspect of this, as we see it, is the failure of Owens to mention the injury at all during his rambling, self-indulgent remarks to Michael Irvin of ESPN, in which T.O. offered up any and all possible excuses for his inability to catch and secure the football on a regular basis.  A severed tendon in a finger in his right hand is a lot more plausible to us than the notion that T.O. is distracted between the lines by a snitch who is feeding bad things about him to the media.
:-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder if Jerry and TO have had intercourse yet?

Rome

Seabiscuit36

Which one would be the ATM'ee?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

I think TO would be on the sucking end because he'd love the taste of his own shtein.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

There are an embarassing number of douchebag cockroach bandwagon Cowboy fans in North Philly. It sickens me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTHE IRONY OF THE T.O. SPIT SPAT

We haven't read T.O.'s much-ballyhooed book about himself, which came out earlier this year.

You might remember it.  It got a little bit of attention.  Especially after Owens claimed that he was misquoted in it.

A reader advised us that there's an anecdote (thanks, Tiki) in the tome (thanks again) regarding T.O.'s experience on the wrong side of a spitting incident.  So we went poking around the 'Net and, lo and behold, we found the excerpt.

Here it is.

"One afternoon while I was in high school, I was riding home on a school bus after a track event.  I made the mistake of falling asleep on the bus.  It was just my luck that the biggest and meanest kid in school was on that bus, too.  I was physically exhausted and passed out in a deep sleep.  I was breathing through my mouth and it was open as I slept.  The jerk came over and hocked up a big wad from his throat and nasal passages.  He dropped that huge, disgusting gob of spit right into my mouth.

"I slept right through the whole thing while everybody laughed at me.  I didn't find out about it until later.  Can you imagine the shame, the humiliation I felt when I went home and told my family?  For what seemed like an eternity, I was teased and tormented unmercifully by the kids at school.  I had been a loner before that happened, and became even more isolated after.

"Everyone laughed at me.  I tried to block out the image of his spit entering my mouth, but I felt nauseated every time I thought about it.  Knowing that he disgraced me and got the best of me was more than I could handle.  From that day on, I was done being a pushover.  Yesterday's loser was determined to become tomorrow's winner."

In our view, T.O.'s trauma should have made him less likely to disrespect another human with the same indignity that hurt him so deeply.

But, then again, we're talking about T.O.

And we wonder whether the kid who spit in Owens' mouth might say that he had gotten tired of Owens constantly running his mouth, just like Owens did when justifying his actions against DeAngelo Hall.

Regardless, we suggest that Owens keep his mouth tightly shut the next time he falls asleep in a meeting.

PhillyGirl

QuotePosted on Mon, Dec. 18, 2006   

Ashley Fox | T.O. many things, but hero?
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has nothing but love for the mercurial receiver.
By Ashley Fox
Inquirer Columnist

Standing less than 10 feet away from Terrell Owens in Dallas' victorious locker room early yesterday morning, Jerry Jones penned Chapter 15 in the tome, Little T. Learns About Love.

After the Cowboys smacked the train-wreck Atlanta Falcons, Jones revealed that Owens recently had made a big decision. He sacrificed his body for his team. Instead of having season-ending surgery to repair a severed tendon in his right ring finger, Owens risked permanent damage to the digit and decided to keep playing.

It was, as the team's owner repeatedly pointed out, the ultimate sacrifice.

Bring on the tissues as Eagles-Cowboys week gets ready to begin in earnest.

"It should be noted that... when it really gets down to where it counts, I've seen him do really the best thing for the team," Jones said. "When he elected not to have that surgery, he really impressed us a lot."

Owens has impressed people in Philadelphia and San Francisco, too. Just not how Jones meant. And a week from tonight, the Eagles will get another chance to silence the beast, this time on Christmas night. Owens is looking forward to it. No doubt after yesterday's 36-22 victory over the New York Giants, so, too, are the Eagles.

After the win over Atlanta on Saturday night, Jones set the message for the week:

Owens is a gamer.

Owens is a team player.

Owens is a hero.

(Tell that to the legion of soldiers who filed through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport yesterday morning on their way home for the holidays.)

While Jones was busy pumping up his player - and remember, it was the owner, not necessarily the coach, who wanted the troubling star in Dallas in the first place - Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall revealed something else about Owens' character. According to Hall, Owens spit in his face after the Cowboys sputtered on their opening drive of the game.

Yep, he spit in the man's face.

"He's not too much in this league to be going around spitting in guys' faces," Hall said. "That's like the No. 1 thing in the National Football League. You don't spit in another grown man's face."

What a hero.

"He had a couple nice catches," Hall said. "You expect that. He's a great player."

And such a great person.

Owens attacks teammates. He destroys teams. He can't live without the limelight. And he spits in opponents' faces.

But, boy, is he a gamer, playing with that injured finger and all.

Owens was long gone from the Georgia Dome by the time Hall made his accusations, but he did acknowledge that there was bad blood between to two.

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

Owens was annoyed that Hall bragged that he had shut down T.O. in last year's season opener. Playing for the Eagles at the time, Owens finished the game with seven catches for 112 yards but failed to reach the end zone.

On Saturday night, defended by Hall, Owens had five catches for 69 yards and two early touchdowns, and the Cowboys got the win, 38-28, to improve to 9-5 with two games to play.

"Well, he had a lot of words," Owens said of Hall. "I didn't really have a whole lot for him. I know last year I had over 100 yards, and he said he shut me down, so I had that on my mind all year long. I just wanted to come out and just prove and let him know I'm a player to be reckoned with."

As veteran Owens watchers know, every day is an adventure with this guy. The only question now is: What's on tap for this week? Another personal attack on Jeff Garcia?

As for Jones' breathless praise for Owens, maybe he felt the need to show his hypersensitive superstar a little love, since T.O. has exhaustively said that coach Bill Parcells never will. Parcells acts like Owens doesn't exist. He won't talk about him, and hardly talks to him.

Parcells just wants the man to play.

The Cowboys' players have taken a similar tack. They are much more concerned with making a playoff run than placating Owens. That's why the Eagles had about as many representatives at Owens' recent birthday party in Los Angeles as the Cowboys.

That is to say, one.

And really, what else did Jevon Kearse have to do that night?

Maybe, despite the weekly drama, the marriage between Owens and the Cowboys is working about as successfully as Jones could have hoped, because no one at Valley Ranch pays Owens much attention. Or maybe that's why eventually things will implode.

Regardless, Jones likes having Owens on the team, and he is more than happy to do and say the things to ensure that Owens and the Cowboys have marital harmony.

"I know this: I feel a lot better about our chances as we go forward and as we go into the playoffs with No. 81 on the field," Jones said. "That's one of the things that has me excited about our playoff opportunities."

For now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Father Demon

God helps the world if somehow, someway, Dallas and TO win the Super Bowl this year.  That might be Armageddon.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMagic Loogey theory
Terrell Owens said he does not expect to be fined by the NFL for spitting in the face of Atlanta cornerback DeAngelo Hall because he said he never spit in Hall's face.

On the NFL Network after the game Owens apologized for spitting in Hall's face. On Sunday Hall said he would hope Owens would be fined by the NFL. There's a history with Bill Romanowski and Sean Taylor, but those acts were caught by the television cameras.

To date, there is no video evidence of the magic loogey.

Here's Owens' take: "When it happened we were jawing in each other's face so it wasn't anything intentional. I didn't intentionally spit in his face. He's trying to make it seem like more than what it was by saying I hauled off and spit in his face. I feel like if I spit in his face teammates on both somebody would've seen it. When I got asked about it on the (NFL Network) show I was caught off guard by it. I didn't want to get into it or elaborate, so I just apologized and kept it moving."

Posted by Todd Archer at 11:33 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (6)

Sgt PSN

Load. Of. Crap.

He said that he did because he was frustrated at the time.  Sounds intentional enough to me.  Now he's trying to say that it was incedental spit because he was talking?  Bill Cowher's the only guy in the league who can get away with that one. 

MDS

I want him to play. So Dawkins can give send him to the hospital.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.