farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePublicist denies T.O. suicide report

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens' publicist is vehemently dening a report that the Cowboys receiver tried to commit suicide Tuesday night.

Owens was depressed and may have taken as many as 35 prescription pain pills, according to a police report, which listed the event as an attempted suicide.

Kim Etheridge, Owens' publicist, was described in the report as "a woman companion" who said she observed him putting two pills in his mouth."

She said Wednesday morning that Owens had an allergic reaction to taking pain medication and supplements.

She said he did not intentionally try to harm himself.

Lt. Rick Watson, a Dallas police spokesman, said at a media briefing Wednesday morning that "a medical situation" had occurred and that there is no investigation.

He declined to answer questions or to verify the accuracy of the police report, although he did pass out redacted copies.

"This is a high-profile person," Watson said. "We looked into it and determined that there was not a criminal offense in this incident."

"We would do it the exact same way" no matter who was involved, he said.

Etheridge said Owens "is fine."

"He will be leaving the hospital today," she said.

Owens is being treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

Etheredge disputes the claim in the report because she said Owens was groggy at the time he was being questioned.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and, until Tuesday, Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

That Owens was groggy and lethargic was the reason Etheredge called 911 in the first place.

Etheridge said Owens was in pain stemming from the fractured right hand, suffered against Washington two weeks ago.

He underwent surgery to have a plate and three pins placed in the hand last Monday.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said at the time that Owens was having a bad reaction to the pain medication.

Etheridge said Owens experienced more pain and discomfort on Tuesday.

He took some pain pills and did some "microcurrent" treatment.

She said he also took some supplements and "it kicked in a reaction."

"When I went to grab him, he was out of it," Etheridge said. "That's why I called 911."

Etheridge said Owens did not have his stomach pumped at the hospital and did not vomit

You spin me right round baby....

PhillyGirl

COnsidering she was the one in the police report, how can anyone possibly believe this crap now?

I can't wait to hear the 911 call.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

dis12

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 27, 2006, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on September 27, 2006, 11:25:33 AM
I'm not sure what part you're shocked about.

That the majority of classless stuff is coming from non-Eagle fans

shame on us :-X
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyPhreak54

And I'm also shocked that Deion has scooped Mike Irvin...

Apparently Deion spoke to TO about 20 minutes ago and "T.O. is in good spirits and laughing about the suicide reports."

PhillyPhreak54

Recap from LeBatard via Cowboys MB;

QuoteLebatard:

* I do a weekly radio show with TO.
    * The interesting thing is that last year our interviews were pretty contntious and challenging. This year he sounded happier than I've ever known him to be.
    * I guess everyone wants to be a psychologist right now. You look at him and his wealth and women around him. He had it tough growing up. He is just now to the point he can tell his mother he loves her. I don't know if he has a chemical imbalance or something else.
    * For all the things TO is, he is not a liar. If he did do this, I want to hear it from him.
    * We take the acts that reaffirm our beliefs. He does plenty of nice things for people. He has a ton of different strengths and weaknesses. He is very selfish but also very sensitive. He has alot of armor and a lot of defiance. He has alot of confidence and alot of insecurity. He is among the most interesting people I know.
    * You saw how his hamstring mushroomed. We left Steve Smith alone and a couple of others. It is constant pressure on him. I would like to hear from him. Not from Rosenhaus, not from ESPN, not from Parcells.
    * As I said, he seems happier than I have ever known him to be. I want to know if there is something to the medicine not being compatible with his body.

PoopyfaceMcGee

A few people, most notably Phreak, are waaaaay too obsessed with every little detail here.

PhillyPhreak54

Interested? Yes.

Obsessed? No.

But thanks for your concern. Go call 911 for me. I'm eating pills.

phattymatty

this thread is not even close to as funny as it hould be.

MDS

This sucks. I really wanted him to die. What a bastich. He tries to kill himself and can't even do that? What a joke. This sucks. He could finally make himself useful by ridding his dispicable self off the face of the earth, but no, these assbags have to try to save him. Damnit.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on September 27, 2006, 12:01:34 PM
this thread is not even close to as funny as it hould be.

It's not funny, because (non-)updates keep getting posted.  We need more people making fun of the media coverage and of T.O. and wishing him dead and less people following every media pundit's opinion or "breaking" news.

phattymatty

mussa

Suicide is probably the most selfish act known to man-kind. Is it that far fetched to believe someone like TO would attempt it?

QuotePosted by: phattymatty

Reports are coming out that Owens tried to dial 9-1-1 himself, but couldn't stop pressing the 8-1 combination.

HAHAHA! Yes!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

Maybe theres still a chance Brian Dawkins will decapatate him going across the middle in 2 weeks. But odds are the little bastich won't even play. See this is even worse. Not only won't he play, not only won't we have the chance to shout tasteless things at him, but he's not even dead. And he wanted to be. Couple this with the impending Phils lose tonight, and you have an awfully zesty day.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

quick somebody find a pic of him with the football running, replace football with prescription pill container and pills spilling out. Better yet, there's gotta be a pic of him drinking water, replace accordingly.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"