farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 02, 2011, 03:01:21 PM
You won't do any worse than Singletary. Even if you run errands during the games.

I'll have strength coaches to do that for me, no worries.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Another racial tirade thread where whiteys get to vent their phony concerns over the plight of blacks!

Yay!!

lurking wierdo

Does being forced to do a token interview actually increase the amount of black head coaches? GF mentioned the success of black coaches in recent SB's, I can't seem to recall one. Don't give me that Dungy crap either. I would need to see some proof there.

Munson

Mike Tomlin says what's up.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: lurking wierdo on January 02, 2011, 04:41:34 PM
Does being forced to do a token interview actually increase the amount of black head coaches? GF mentioned the success of black coaches in recent SB's, I can't seem to recall one. Don't give me that Dungy crap either. I would need to see some proof there.

lovie smith is 0-1 due to black on black crime
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

If the Eagles lay down in this game, could they guarantee another season of Jason Garett?

Because I could see an argument for that.

TexasEagle

Garrett's a virtual lock. The players respond to him and they play for him. The local radio all talk about him taking over as coach and that he has a leg up. Nothing has been decided (despite any stupid ESPN reports to the contrary, Jones still has to interview other candidates no matter what) but he's likely going to be the choice. They call him (mockingly) "Red headed Jesus" down here. :-D

lurking wierdo

Can Jones interview just any black person or is their some kind of criteria?

BigEd76

rjs246

Quote from: SD on January 02, 2011, 01:54:03 PM

There are roughly 7 black head coaches in the NFL (give or take). The U.S. is roughly 13% black. Lets cut that number in half because women don't coach professional sports, and you have (I'll round up) 7%. If there are 32 teams with 7 black head coaches isn't the % of black head coaches to positions greater than their % of population? Why is it they're so worried about the NFL and not other sports? The whole thing is ridiculous.

Pages of arguing over this and no one thought to focus on the laughably awful math SD used to make a point? Haha. Message board full of dolts.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on January 03, 2011, 09:30:12 AM
Quote from: SD on January 02, 2011, 01:54:03 PM

There are roughly 7 black head coaches in the NFL (give or take). The U.S. is roughly 13% black. Lets cut that number in half because women don't coach professional sports, and you have (I'll round up) 7%. If there are 32 teams with 7 black head coaches isn't the % of black head coaches to positions greater than their % of population? Why is it they're so worried about the NFL and not other sports? The whole thing is ridiculous.

Pages of arguing over this and no one thought to focus on the laughably awful math SD used to make a point? Haha. Message board full of dolts.

Yes, 13% of the populous is black, but only 7% of the male populous is black - because 7 is roughly half of 13.  What's the problem with that logic?  Also, 22% of the head coaches in the NFL are black, but 44% of the players are white.  Then, if you take away females, you're again back to 22%.  So, if literally one more or one fewer coach were black, the ratio would be really out of whack.  Thus, the Rooney Rule is erroneous and should be replaced by a rule requiring exactly 7 black head coaches in the NFL at any given time.  No more, no less.  Literally.

SD

I literally love you guys

rjs246

Quote from: SD on January 03, 2011, 01:26:46 PM
I literally love you guys

I don't think you used 'literally' correctly there. God I hate that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Seabiscuit36

Cockroaches out of the woodwork after struggling to beat the birds 3rd string.  I keep congratulating them on their stellar 6-10 season
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons