farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

you ever take a long look at dudes rap sheet? It truly is a sad sight. Im not buying the being young, I made bad decisions BS from him. He's got long-term sentence written all over him

Zanshin

He'll play for the team that lets him play for them.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePACMAN HEADING TO BIG D?
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2008, 7:06 p.m.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he wants his off-season moves to make people say "wow."

He may be close to a trade that would do just that.

Citing unnamed NFL sources, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Cowboys are attempting to acquire suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, and that trade talks between the teams are intensifying to the point that one person close to the talks predicts a deal could be completed in the next week.

As compensation for Pacman, Dallas would send the Titans a mid-round draft pick, Schefter reports.

Jones is certainly talented enough that if he could get on the field, stay on the field and stay out of trouble, he'd be worth a mid-round pick. But can Jones do those things? That's the big question. Jones is suspended and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will determine his status for 2008 before training camps open. Although a player can be traded while he's suspended, the Cowboys would presumably want to trade for Jones only if they think there's a good chance he'll be permitted to play in 2008.

If the Cowboys add Jones, they'll have two of the three players who were the league's poster boys for bad behavior at this time last year. During the 2007 season they signed former Bear Tank Johnson, and now they appear to be closing in on acquiring Pacman. Perhaps they should contact the Bengals and inquire about the availability of Chris Henry.

Diomedes

Jerry Jones is true to character.  And if it happens, he'll get mad press time to say "everyone deserves a second chance," soaking up the attention like a common lizard in the sun.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I hope they trade for him and the Commish decides to uphold the suspension. 

On the other hand, Dallas has some damn nice strip clubs so even if Pacman is allowed to play, I'm sure he wouldn't be able to stay out of trouble too long. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Father Demon

Good.  This increases the chances that they are always together, hence increasing the chances they both die in the same, tragic accident.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

BigEd76

Dallas opens the season at Cleveland (FOX national 4:15 game)

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, the only two top-shelf receivers that have played for the Eagles over the last decade will share the field in a game played by two teams that are not the Eagles.

Dillen

If for some retarded reason you call Donte Stallworth "top shelf", then yes.

Sgt PSN

When compared to the likes of Thrash, Johnson, Small, Pinkston, Mitchell, etc, etc, then yes, Donte Stallworth is top shelf. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I actually think he's very comparable to Kevin Curtis in overall shelf level.  But it didn't fit my goals of that post.

methdeez

Donte Stallworth is top shelf like when you go to that zesty hole in wall bar at 1:00 am and you ask for a shot of top shelf whiskey, and they ask you if you want Jim Beam or Jack, and you are like, "Jack is zesty and overpriced, and Jim Beam is zesty and well-priced. Give me the Beam and let's get drunk".

Plus, he's black.

Sgt PSN

I like black people.  Unless they're robbing me. 

When I was in Dallas a few weeks ago, I drove by the new stadium to see the progress being made on it.  They're building it in Arlington, right next to the baseball stadium and directly across the street from Wal Mart.  Typical.