The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

every time this thread gets bumped i get a tingle in my football pants thinking someone has posted news that Strahan has been cut/retired/diagnosed with HIV/

something fun.

so far, i've got nothing but a serious case of blue balls
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Can you believe this attention whoring gap-toothed fairy?

Jesus...

QuoteGiants: Strahan relases statement

9:41 PM EDT, August 5, 2007

To the New York Giants' Fans:

As many of you know, I am contemplating one of the biggest decisions of my football career, whether I should retire or continue playing. Like all athletes, I knew this day would come when I would have to stand before that proverbial fork in the road. But I must admit that it's not until you're actually staring at the two diverging paths do you really grasp how impactful and painful this decision can be. I was hoping to make this personal decision quietly and without much hoopla, but given the recent torrent of erroneous media reports and totally inaccurate assumptions, I feel that I have to come forward and publicly set the record straight with those for whom I have toiled the last fourteen years--you fans.

This off season has been one of the best in my professional career. I have worked extremely hard to make sure that I'm in shape and ready to tackle the rigors of another physical season. I am proud to say that at my body feels years younger and ready to compete at the highest level. I love training and preparation, and this off season has made it clear to me that this is one aspect of the game that I will miss tremendously when I decide to one day unstrap the helmet for the last time. I went into this off season with every intention of entering a 15th season with the Giants, the only team I've ever played for during my career. But I am human, and despite the images of me grimacing and tackling opposing quarterbacks and running backs, I have to face my mortality like anyone else. When an athlete like myself who does what I do for a living starts having doubts, then it's time to take a step back and seriously consider my future. Anyone who plays in the NFL with doubts or second guessing is not only putting themselves at risk, but their teammates also. I will never do that.

What 's been most disappointing has been all of this nonsense that I'm holding out for more money. The truth is that football has been very good to me and I have been fortunate enough to be surrounded by advisors who have ensured that my family and I will live comfortably for the rest of my life.You deserve to know what's really going on. My agent met with the Giants earlier in the year and discussed many things including my contract.Money is not the reason that I have not reported to training camp and it will not be a factor for my return. This has already been communicated to the Giants and while the reports may indicate a"hard line" taken by the team regarding money , it is not necessary, as this issue had been decided well before July

Despite what some might believe there are those of us who make decisions that have nothing to do with money. Many athletes ask themselves daily if they are emotionally and psychologically at the level where they can compete at the highest level for twenty-four weeks. For them also it isn't about the money, rather a serious athlete asking serious questions about his future. All that I ask, after fourteen seasons,is that you afford me the patience so that I might arrive at my decision on my own terms.

As GM Jerry Reese has said, the Giants are not going to hold a spot for me. I completely understand his stance as football is a business and he must do what is in the best interest of the team. I know that I am only one player. I want to express my thanks to the owners and coaches for their extremely kind words about my career as a Giant to date. I have been proud to wear the Giant uniform thoughout my professional career.You have my word that I will try to make the correct decision as quickly as possible. If I decide to play, I hope that you will continue to cheer me on like you have for all of these years. If I decide to hang up the cleats, then I will bid you all a tremendous thank you for the privilege to play a game that has blessed me in so many ways and created memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. I humbly thank you for your understanding and being the best fans in the world.

Michael Strahan

Hilarious.

shorebird

imo, all this can be summed up in one sentance. Does he want to come back and play for a lame duck Coughlin, or not?

SunMo

shouldn't he have been thinking about this the minute Akers' kick went through the uprights in the playoff game?  not right before training camp.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on August 06, 2007, 09:04:49 AM
shouldn't he have been thinking about this the minute Akers' kick went through the uprights in the playoff game?  not right before training camp.

I thought that too, maybe he was waiting to see what moves were made in the offseason. He knows like Tiki knew the Giants are going to suck ass this year. A guy at his age has one concern which is getting a ring.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm betting Strahan is demanding Eli not get to wear a red jersey in training camp.

Rome

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 06, 2007, 10:07:17 AM
A guy at his age has one concern which is getting a ring.

He's probably out of luck considering New York isn't going to pass a gay marriage amendment any time soon.

SunMo

farg you romey, you got me, ha

phattymatty

so the patriots will get him too.  great.

SunMo

Cerevant

Yeah, but Hawking is smart...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PhillyGirl

Giants dropping like flies in this game. Its fun.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

I'm not watching.  Who hurt?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

QuoteFour Giants have suffered injuries in tonight's preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Safety Will Demps, who started every game last season and was challenging for a starting job this year, dislocated his elbow. Demps came up to hit running back Musa Smith, who caught a pass from Kyle Boller. Demps hit Smith, then fell to the ground and grabbed his elbow. After being examined by team trainers, Demps walked about 25 yards before he was drive off the field in a motorized cart.

On the same second-quarter play, cornerback Sam Madison pulled his hamstring, the same injury that forced him to miss four games last season.

Earlier in the quarter, wide receiver Michael Jennings ruptured his Achilles tendon after catching an 11-yard pass from Eli Manning. Jennings was not hit; he simply caught the ball and went to the ground.

Two plays after Jennings' catch, Manning threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Steve Smith, the Giants' second-round draft choice. But a few minutes later, Smith also left the game for good after suffering a concussion.

The Giants lead the Ravens, 7-3, late in the second quarter. Log on to Giants.com after the game for complete coverage.

Jennings gone for the season.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen