Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

A Hurricane Wings Grill and Wings is opening up locally.  Anyone eaten there before?  Curious what to expect, and if their wings are legit, or if they are Buffalo Wild wings like
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

YOu bite your tongue...BWW has some pretty damn good wings/sauces.

Not sure if they're in my top 3, but they might be.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

BWW is MA heaven.  The only thing good there is the giant beers and that every wall is a tv.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

They usually have a pretty good beer selection to go with those giant beer glasses.

And I've only ever eaten there in Newark where it's all college kids so I never have seen if it's "MA" or not.

But MA or not they have some damn good wing sauces.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 22, 2013, 01:29:56 PM
BWW is MA heaven.  The only thing good there is the giant beers and that every wall is a tv.

yup on all accounts

and the tv's are all about as good a quality screen as you can get...they also have the extra innings package

but yeah their food is a disgrace except for their chicken nachos which are actually pretty damn good for bar food....overall its an MA suburban paradise for people who dont know better....i can walk to one from my house which is the only reason id ever go there again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Agree on BWW as well.  It's not awful, but their wings aren't great either.  I'd call them tasty at best.  Don't think I've ever said "Hey, let's go to BWW."  But I've gone plenty of times as part of a group if that's where the group decides to go.  There's worse places to spend my time and money. 

PhillyPhanInDC

I think for a place with Wings in the name they ought to be somewhat good at it. There are about 10 places I'd go to for wings before stepping in the place. Only time I go in them is to catch a game or a UFC fight.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

theres a reason i dont go there to watch the eagles and im in MAexico
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
theres a reason i dont go there to watch the eagles and im in MAexico

if theres a time to ever go there it would be to watch sports...tho not necessarily an eagle game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I ate at Friendly's last night for the first time since I was in my early teens.....so 20+ years.  It's got to be one of the most unhealthy joints you can go to.  Food was disgustingly delicious. 

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on January 22, 2013, 03:09:20 PM
I think for a place with Wings in the name they ought to be somewhat good at it. There are about 10 places I'd go to for wings before stepping in the place. Only time I go in them is to catch a game or a UFC fight.

Any suggestions that would be possible for me to go to? Assuming you're in DC still taht would eliminate a lot of them I'm sure, but I'm always looking for good wings

Seabiscuit36