Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

mussels are so good but them and clams food poison me like a mother farger...somehow tho I can eat a billion oysters and be fine

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

I can eat clams but yeah, mussels, forget it. oysters Ill eat but not a huge fan.

think I may need to make some paella over Christmas.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

ate half a dozen raw Chesepeake oysters five minutes ago...heaven

mussels, clams, scallops, oysters...the food of the gods

cuba libre is better than these snobs are allowing...comparison to Chili's and Applebees is idiotic.  Much better quality food  cooking and presentation.  Not saying it's "Cuban," just that although it's not an unheard of holeine the wall, it's a chain, it's not farging MA slop.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

had blaze pizza for the first time yesterday...kind of like a subway (but much more refined) for pizza instead of sandwiches....it was really good for what it was

smeags

SD, not sure if you have tried this place yet but I found a nice lil Spanish restaurant near me called manuco's. (tons of great reviews online. family owned and operated. great food IMO. I had the Canoa for my appetizer and the fried marinated pork cubes with yellow rice and tostones for the main and then of course some flan for dessert.

overall awesome meal. they are only doing Caribbean region grub at this time but are looking to expand to some old country items like paella etc. down the road.

:yay :yay

SD

Never heard of it but where is it? I googled it but came up with nothing. FYI if you google "Manuo" by accident a little asian chick in lingerie pops up

smeags

Quote from: SD on February 18, 2016, 12:53:54 PM
Never heard of it but where is it? I googled it but came up with nothing. FYI if you google "Manuo" by accident a little asian chick in lingerie pops up

http://www.manucosrestaurant.com/

its at Bristol oxford valley road & woodbourne rds. little strip mall where wendys is.

SD

Quote from: smeags on February 18, 2016, 12:56:56 PM
Quote from: SD on February 18, 2016, 12:53:54 PM

http://www.manucosrestaurant.com/

its at Bristol oxford valley road & woodbourne rds. little strip mall where wendys is.

blocked on my work computer but that's not far from me at all, I'll definitely check it out.

smeags

you know that good Spanish food is tough to find around us, but all the reviews were real good so I tried it. may go again sunday.

Sgt PSN

Moe's Southwest Grill. It's Chipotle but with a larger menu and bright, colorful walls.  Nothing great, but tasty. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 04, 2016, 08:09:51 PM
Moe's Southwest Grill. It's Chipotle but with a larger menu and bright, colorful walls.  Nothing great, but tasty.

Subway with tortillas.

smeags

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 07, 2016, 08:00:35 AM

Subway with tortillas.

Minus the pedophile spokesman.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 07, 2016, 08:00:35 AM

Subway with tortillas.

Basically, but I think Moe's/Chipotle are better at making burritos than Subway is at making sandwiches. The meatball sammich is the only thing they serve that I actually enjoy when I eat there. Everything else is pretty blah to me  if there's a sandwich chain out there that's better than Subway but not as good as Wawa, that's who I'd use as a comparison.

Rome

I know my taste buds have been destroyed by living in this greasy hellhole for a quarter century, but seriously, how farging awesome are Wawa's Cheesesteak & Egg breakfast hoagies?

Full on erection. 

ice grillin you

i love steak and eggs like at a diner but for some reason i don't like eggs on my cheesesteaks....not a huge fan of eggs not cooked fresh off a griddle either

best thing wawa has is that farging pepperoni and provolone sandwich in the heat lamp johnsons at the counter...farg is that thing good