Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: mussa on July 13, 2010, 06:42:24 AM
im good tonight after 8 prob. ill look for you online. man, haven't played madden in forever, but yeah i just want to wrap this up as well...

yeah i haven't played since the last game where i got smoked, probably a month and a half ago.

Zanshin

Zanshin

I'd still do one for Madden 11, btw.

mussa

yeah me too its got to be better online franchise than this one. shtein happens people lose interest theres not much more to it.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

I simply cannot play that game.  I get far better results on run plays if I just don't take control over the runner at all.  I swear my players run faster when I'm not controlling them.  I cannot stay off the square button (dive tackle) on defense, usually causing me to miss the play entirely.  The kicking drove me so nuts from the beginning that after a dozen or so games, I just stopped trying to use it and sim'd all FGs.   I get sacked three or four times a game no matter how quickly I try to unload the ball...in fact I avoid play action for this reason:  it takes so much time to fake the hand off that it's probably a 50% chance I get sacked before the game responds to my frantic "dump it off!!" command. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

apparently, the new one doesn't have a turbo button, but it has a new motion engine that kicks your guy into turbo as you start to run straight ahead.  this was to help with cuts and agility with the runners.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

You can revert to the turbo in 11 if you want, but I'm interested to see what the new default is. Sounds like they went more the way of the NHL series with the controls.

Zanshin

Here are the Eagles ratings for Madden 11. They have Kolb as a 74 and Vick as a 73-- which practically assures that most people will be playing Vick. Based on the situation, I think they should have Kolb as at least an 80.

http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=13

Zanshin

Creeping up on Madden 11, guys. You get that game in yet?

phattymatty

no sir i'm sorry we haven't. mussa feel free to sim if we can't get it in. i'm gonna get smoked anyway so it's fine.

mussa

alright ill sim it right now since we can't seem to get it in...
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

phatty won the sim 35-37

have at it for the championship

phattymatty

hahaha, i meant you should just kick me out and play against the computer.

shtein.

Zanshin

Can get it in tonight or tomorrow night around 8:30 if that works for whomever ;-).

mussa

No problem, I could give a shtein at this point.