College Football - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 26, 2023, 01:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Louisville tied it and immediately gives up a TD thanks to a 73yd run

And Iowa just got screwed big time on a bullshtein call.

MDS

michigan/fsu
bama/wash

i dont think they have the balls to cut the SEC champ, nor an undefeated p5 champ
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The argument then would be "what about Texas beating Bama in Tuscaloosa?"

But Bama knocked out 29 win streak Georgia.

And FSU earned it I think. Sure the offense stunk. But that defense travels - and they earned it for them, I think.

PhillyPhreak54

Well they dumped Florida State

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama

Juicy matchups across the board

Rome

Two teams with losses made it over a power 5 undefeated conference champion and all because the star quarterback had the temerity to get injured thereby making the team somehow less sexy.

The older I get the less I care about any of this shtein. 

MDS

i figured wed get a pissy romey post and he did not disappoint...the best

fsu deserved one of the spots. they were not one of the 4 best teams. both things are true. really depends on how you view the field should be set.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

phattymatty

MDS

Quote from: phattymatty on December 05, 2023, 12:01:03 PMcollege football is a joke.

the more i read about the decision, the sadder it is

this will be fixed with the expansion but the committee basically said "fsu has a better resume but we think bama is better than fsu" which is like, their opinion man.

the entire sport is a farce, its a cash grab for the people at the top. they think bama mich is a better party than mich fsu, simple as that. better ratings, more money, better visuals. real sports are meritocracy, cfb is figure skating. imagine caring about this thing.

Rome

Just to clue in everyone here on how absurd this entire fiasco has gotten, fargface DeSantis has now called for the CFB to be sued over their FSU snub, and has offered $1,000,000 of state money to finance the lawsuit. 

PhillyPhreak54

And Cheeto Dick was pandering to the masses as well about it.

I'd pay money to watch with DeSantis or Donnie try to catch and throw a football

phattymatty

I haven't read anything about this but I just assume a bunch of old guys said FSU's QB is out so they don't have a shot at beating anyone. Which is probably true but should not be in the equation.

MDS

Quote from: phattymatty on December 06, 2023, 02:45:48 PMI haven't read anything about this but I just assume a bunch of old guys said FSU's QB is out so they don't have a shot at beating anyone. Which is probably true but should not be in the equation.

basically, the committee played pundit. which yea is probably true, but thats now how sports works. even if the matchup is seemingly lopsided, you still gotta play it because anything can happen. except in fake ass minor league cfb where its figure skating for rednecks

phattymatty

you said what I said but just longer and more annoying

Don Ho

Nice to see college teams executing the bubble screen.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.