Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Need advice: I have Demarco Murray and Denard Robinson on a bye. I have Ben Tate on my bench and was going to start him. I'm 10th out of 10 on the waiver order and put in for CJ Anderson thinking there's no way I'd get him. Wake up this morning and I got him. So now I have a decision to make, do I start CJ Anderson with Montee Ball coming back in a monster offense or Ben Tate in a 3 headed attack that likes to ground the ball out.

The guy I'm playing this week is one win behind me, he has about 20 more points though. His team is pretty stacked. The 3rd and 4th place teams are facing off this week too. So I win this week and I'm looking good for the rest of the season, especially since I have Josh Gordon coming back next week. Guy I'm facing is starting Jordan Matthews over Edelman, I think that's a huge mistake.

My Team:
QB Phillip Rivers

RB CJ Anderson

RB Demarco Murray

RB Andre Ellington

RB Ben Tate

RB Denard Robinson

WR Demariyus Thomas

WR Randall Cobb

WR Eric Decker

WR Josh Gordon

WR Martavias Bryant

WR MIchael Crabtree

TE Greg Olsen

Kicker Nick Novak

Kicker Justin Tucker

Defense Houston

I have Gordon coming back which is huge

Here's what I'm up against

QB Luck

QB Eli Manning

RB Eddie Lacy

RB Leveon Bell

RB Lorenzo Taliaferro

WR  Dez Bryant

WR Jermey Maclin

WR Jordan Matthews

WR Deandre Hopkins

WR Julian Edelman

WR Keenan Allen

WR Andrew Hawkins
TE Rob Gronkowski

TE Antonio Gates

Kicker Matt Bryant

Defense Broncos

It's a 3 WR league and no TE slot, although you can start one in the flex.

Tomahawk

Munson

PPR keeper auction league, about to do this trade:

I give:
Julius Thomas ($7 to keep next year)

I get:
Calvin Johnson
Martellus Bennett ($2)
Monte Ball

I gotta do this, right? We start 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex. I'm currently starting Antonio Brown, AJ Green (acquired in trade earlier this week), Roddy White, Percy Harvin (bye), with Garcon on the bench. RBs are Lacy, Morris, Gore, Hillman, and Peterson.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Sgt PSN

I have the Eagles Def but picked up San Diego early in the week because they play Oakland. Still can't decide if I should go with the better  match up on paper or go with the Def/ST unit that has basically been fantasy boom (14+ points in 5 games) or bust (7 pts or less in 4 games).

SD def is mostly a bust def, but they can't get rolled by Oak, right?

SD

SD is also coming off a bye and that's a rivalry. Birds might give up a lot of points today but they're second in the league in sacks and there's always the Sproles factor. I'd roll with the birds d if you're looking for high upside...if you're looking for the safe play go SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 16, 2014, 11:06:08 AMI'd roll with the birds d if you're looking for high upside

Quote from: SD on November 05, 2014, 07:15:25 PM
The Jags are going to upset the boys this week in London

sd is on a roll lately

SD

Says the guy who bet me $25 the skins would win 8+ games this season

ice grillin you

rjs246

Wow. FanDuel has completely destroyed my fantasy football attention. I just checked my rosters for the first time in weeks and I've got dudes on the IR all over the place. I need to tighten that shtein up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on November 19, 2014, 09:49:45 AM
Wow. FanDuel has completely destroyed my fantasy football attention. I just checked my rosters for the first time in weeks and I've got dudes on the IR all over the place. I need to tighten that shtein up.

fantasy football sucks...get out as soon as you can....i have three games left in my career and i cant wait

rjs246

Fantasy Football is amazing. Fantasy football that pays out immediately and lets you reset every week is almost as good as sex.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

it was good when it was a niche thing....now theres a huge amount of people who care more about it than the actual sport of football...it might even be a majority

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2014, 01:11:12 PM
it was good when it was a niche thing....now theres a huge amount of people who care more about it than the actual sport of football...it might even be a majority

You get pretty hung up on how many people like something and which ones are 'real' fans and it seems to actually influence your enjoyment of those things. Let it go, man.

Let them eat bootstraps.