Opinions about a trade

Started by Sgt PSN, October 17, 2004, 08:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

In one of my other leagues the following trade is on the table:

I trade Vick and Dillon in exchange for Rothlesburger and Holt. 

I'm in serious need of receiver help.  We can play up to 4 per week and my best reciever is Brandon Stokely.  We can also play up to 2 QB's a week and outside of Trent Green, I really don't have much.  It's kind of hit or miss with my other QB's. 

I can also play up to 3 running backs per week and right now I have Holmes, Rudi Johnson, Dillon.

So I would lose some RB depth but I would drastically improve my receiving corps and Big Ben has been a "steady" fantasy player.  Not great, but steady which is something I could use at the QB spot. 

We have a pretty deep league (12 teams) so no one is really loaded with depth.

What do you guys think?

Phillyiggles_fan

Sounds to me like you're giving away Vick too cheaply....
Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup...

Sgt PSN

I can't get rid of him fast enough.  He had a good game today but so far this sesaon he's been terrible. 

Zanshin

Depends on how deep you are at RB.  Vick doesn't do much for me, really.  I don't think that would be much of a loss.  But losing Dillon could bite you if you don't have any depth.  If you have other solid RBs and need a WR, take the deal.  Roethlisberger might not get you the stray 40-point game, but at least he'll give you consistent points.  Vick is too inconsistent for me.

Sgt PSN

Here's my roster:

Green
Vick
Brees
Harrington
Brunell

Holmes
Dillon
R. Johnson

Stokely
K. Robinson
Givens
Driver
Chambers

LJ Smith
Boo Williams

G. Anderson
Stover

Giants
Panthers
Bucs

We play 11 players per week with a flexible format meaning I could play up to multiple players at the QB, RB, WR and Def positions.  This trade would only leave me with 2 RB, which I'm not crazy about.  But I'll work out another trade to bring in a starting RB, I'm not worried about that.  I'll make another trade to pick up another RB. 

Zanshin

Would he do the trade if it was Johnson instead of Dillon.  I'd feel much better about that, if I were you.

Zanshin

Or, can you get a RB instead of Roethlisberger?  You have a ton of QBs, and there are probably a few others to be had, no?

Sgt PSN

I'm working a trade to give up a QB or 2 in order to obtain another RB (Barber)

Not much depth in my league because we have so many players. 

MDS

I have Holt in my money league, so I keep hoping that hes goin put him his numbers sooner or later (I thought the same thing about McCalister, and he did great tonight)......the Falcons are goin play some better defenses soon, Vicks health is a question mark. Dillion has been banged up, too.

You've got Green, Rothlesburger is lookin amazing. If you are not doing well now, and need to try something to make a run--I'd do it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I'd hang onto Dillon, Sarge.  I like your thinking as far as moving Vick, but try to send him alone, or with a WR.  Build depth at RB, don't deplete it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on October 18, 2004, 04:53:29 PM
I'd hang onto Dillon, Sarge.  I like your thinking as far as moving Vick, but try to send him alone, or with a WR.  Build depth at RB, don't deplete it.

Well the other deal that looks like it might go through is Harrington and Chambers in exchange for Tiki Barber (WHAT A SUCKER!!)

So basically I'd be giving up Vick, Dillon, Harrington and Chambers in exchange for Big Ben, Holt and Tiki.  The more I think about this, the more I'm starting to like it.  I can dump Vick and Harrington who are inconsistant and Chambers who has no one to throw him the ball.  I hate giving up Dillon but I think Tiki is even, if not a little better when it comes to fantasy value.  Now all I gotta do is wait until tomorrow and hope neither of the other owners punk out on the deal. 

Zanshin

Sgt PSN

I've come to an agreement on the first deal....Vick/Dillon for Big Ben/Holt but I'm still waiting to hear back on the deal for Tiki Barber.  I have a feeling the other guy is getting cold feet and may back out.  If he does, then I'm not making the deal for Ben and Holt.   :-\