Fantasy Help!

Started by MDS, October 14, 2004, 10:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

2 questions:

1) I have Mccalister, Chris Brown and Westy. Only 2 can start. Which one should I trade? Or at least bench this week?

2) This week I need a spot start at WR: Johnnie Morton (goin get me around 12-15 pts) or Keary Colbert (could hit the jackpot and get me a 20+, or could do jack). Which one...I'm leaning towards Morton cause I think were goin kill Carolina.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Don't trade.  You need the depth...all three of those guys have shown a little propensity to get banged up.

I have a feeling that this is the week Westy hits the endzone, if that matters to you.

I don't think Colbert is a good play this weekend...and you don't need a reason to root for the guy.

MURP

I agree, keep those RB's.  McCallister and Brown have already been banged up this year and you just never know with Westy.

Im a big fan of Colbert... and the Panthers will be forced to pass a ton since they will be behind... 

Morton doesnt have a TD yet this season and is always behind Priest and Gonzo when it comes to touches.

I would go with Colbert, but thats just me. ;)

MDS

OK, but which one dont I start this week?

Deuce vs. Minny
Westy vs. Douches
Brown vs. Texans
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

I'd go with Westbrook and Brown.  Like I said, I think Westbrook hits paydirt this week, and I think you have to start Brown until he gives you a reason not to.  How banged up is Deuce?  I have a feeling the Saints will be forced to pass quite a bit on Sunday, too.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd go Colbert also.  Morton sucks.

As for your RB dilemma, I'd bench Westbrook.  All three should have very strong games, but at least if Westbrook has one on your bench, you'll benefit from it emotionally as an Iggles fan.

I make decisions like that sometimes.  Play someone playing against the Eagles or bench an Eagle.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket, or something like that.

My 2nd choice would be to bench Deuce.

MDS

Deuce is healthy now, and I feeling a shootout between them and the Vikings. Brown has been my MVP, I cant bench him. I guess it does boil down to Westy, because I could look back on it and say that the eagles still won.

As for the wr, keep in mind receptions are 1 pt and its 10 recieving yards per point. So a deep ball guy like Colbert is make or break, while Morton has been averaging about 5 recs for 60 yards (11 pts) per week. Safe bet is Morton.

Zanshin

Westbrook catches a bunch of balls...and is due for an endzone visit.

MDS

Quote from: Zanshin on October 15, 2004, 03:00:42 PM
Westbrook catches a bunch of balls...and is due for an endzone visit.

See, this is why I cant deside!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your scoring system gives one point for each reception?  Yikes.  Then you gotta bench McAllister.