The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Green's back on a 2 year $20 million deal. Seems like a bargain with what some of these other players are getting. He probably wanted to go to the Lakers but since they've signed everyone they were probably only offering scrap. Green has his rings so don't blame him for taking the $$$$

rjs246

They needed Green back. They haven't done shtein to close the gap with Mil/Bk but without resigning him they would be taking a big step back.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

they have closed the gap on Chicago, Washington, and maybe more though.

rjs246

The bullets stink, have always stunk, and will always stink. It is written. I don't really get what the Bulls are doing but they have a lot of names I know and will at least probably make the playoffs.

I can see a world where the Bulls go on a regular season run by simply outscoring teams. The bullets have play-in team written all over them.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

if the bullets can just play below average defense they will win a decent amount of regular season games cause they are deep as shtein and that goes along way in the regular season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Look at their starting lineup. They are not deep as shtein. They are trash. As god intended.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Arron holiday is like their tenth best player...you can quibble over how many wins they ultimately get but the one thing you can't say is that they aren't deep as farg
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

in the Sixers current state, the wizards, bulls, hawks, and Knicks might all be better than the Sixers.

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on August 06, 2021, 11:13:03 AM
in the Sixers current state, the wizards, bulls, hawks, and Knicks might all be better than the Sixers.

I am a perpetual pessimist when it comes to philly sports but this is an insane statement.

The Bullets and Knicks are both going to be middle of the pack teams again. The Bullets rearranged some deck chairs but they will be starting Kyle farging Kuzma and (probably) Trez. They are only deep if you consider having lots of completely mediocre players to be depth.

People seem to see something in Evan Fournier that I don't but I don't think that dude moves the needle at all for the Knicks and if Randle puts up another all-NBA season next year I'll eat my shoe.

The Bulls will be fun, but I don't think they'll be top-of-the-conference good.

The Hawks are good. So, fine.

Obviously we don't know how the Ben situation will play out so there's a lot of opportunity for the Sixers to regress, but I don't know how anyone can look at the Knicks and Bullets and think that they are going to be anything other than teams fighting to dodge the play-in.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

It would appear that the sixers' summer league roster has slightly more nba-level talent than Dallas'.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

I know it's only summer league but springer looks rough on offense.  I love his D no homo but we got enough of that.

phattymatty

god damn that maxey block.  gonna miss that guy.

phattymatty

Maxey's defense was incredible tonight.  what a pleasant surprise.

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on August 12, 2021, 10:10:57 PM
I know it's only summer league but springer looks rough on offense.  I love his D no homo but we got enough of that.

From what I understand that's what everyone expected from him but yeah his shot has been janky af.

Quote from: phattymatty on August 12, 2021, 10:33:55 PM
god damn that maxey block.  gonna miss that guy.

I love having some young dudes to watch develop but yeah if it helps the sixers get Dame, he gone.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

luckily the Sixers have Doc Rivers and now Andre Drummond to ensure that bball Paul doesn't get any meaningful playing time or experience this year.