Demetress Bell, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 04, 2012, 11:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

Guaranteed money is  a big question and might determine if Peters is gone. He'll be making $10.5mm next year with zero cap hit if traded and an injury that could take 2 years to come back from 100%, if he ever does (and assuming Bell plays well). I think they likely structured Bell so they could get rid of him after a year or two without a lot of cap hit.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Rome

Rome

Don Ho

Quote from: SunMo on April 04, 2012, 12:11:45 PM
damn, i knew he was Karl Malone's kid

Did not know that.

Quote from: SunMo on April 04, 2012, 12:11:45 PM
i didn't realize that The Mailman knocked up Bell's mom when she was 13.  wtf

Did not want to know that.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 04, 2012, 12:28:24 PM
whats the guaranteed money?

That's the money he'll be paid regardless of how long he remains with the team. 

PhillyPhreak54

McLane says that only this season is guaranteed money.

Drunkmasterflex

This reminds me of the Ryan Harris signing young guy with a lot of potential but can't stay healthy. Hopefully it works out better.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Instead of Demetress he should just change his name to Dematress, cause everyone was sleeping on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE

phattymatty

i was convinced this guy's name was spelled wrong in the thread title but i was wrong. everything about this guy is pretty retarded.

QuoteDemetress Bell joined Michael Barkann and Ike Reese on WIP in Philadelphia to discuss the process that led him to Philadelphia, whether the Eagles were his No. 1 option, what sold him on the Philly, his lack of football experience, his versatility as an offensive lineman and his relationship with Jason Peters.

On why he left Philly last week without signing:
"Well, coming into the visit or whatever, I just told every team that I visited before I make a decision I gotta go home and talk with my mom and grandma. And I won't have a decision until that time. And Philly was patient enough to let me go home, and I thank them for that."

On if Philadelphia was his No. 1 option:
"No, they wasn't my No. 1 option. Philly came into the picture after I had visited Arizona, Washington and Pittsburgh, so Philly was my - that was last on the list as far as visiting. But after I met the coaches and stuff I was happy with my visit."

On if Philadelphia still wasn't his No. 1 option after his visit:
"No, not at all. I had to get home, clear my head and get with my mom and get with my family, and just sit around and talk about all the options that I had."

On what, besides the money, sold him on the Eagles:
"When I first got here, like I said, I sat down with the coaches and I was happy. Like, I didn't even have a question for nobody. They covered every aspect of it and they told me how it was. Being straight up with me, I think that means a lot."

On not playing high school football:
"Our high school was too small. I think we might have had 300 people pre-K through 12, so we didn't have enough guys to have a football team, and I didn't play football until my last two years of college. So yeah, this is probably my fifth year, sixth year of football ever. So I'm still learning, I'm still on the cusp of learning."

On if he can play elsewhere on the line:
"I'm athletic so I'm sure I could play guard or tackle either side."

On if he's been in contact with the man he's replacing - and his former mentor in Buffalo - Jason Peters:
"Yeah, I talked to Jason before I came on the visit, during the visit, after the visit, two or three times yesterday, talked to him this morning. So me and Jason got a real close relationship."

hbionic

lol at Matty's assessment...pretty spot on.  :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

He's on the cusp of learning.  I didn't even know that was possible.