Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I looked like this on a few swings in high school.  None of mine went out, though!

https://twitter.com/Kelsie_Heneghan/status/1282305924741443584

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

incredible

QuoteGreg Maddux went seven innings, allowing one walk, 27 years ago today, on July 16, 1993.

Why does it matter?

Glad you asked.

Because from that point until the end of his career he would make 512 starts and surrender 512 bases on balls (90 were intentional walks).
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

yeah a billion dollar organization can't catch a break in a season that means nothing even if it finishes

not the people who caught the Rona or the  people they gave or will give it to
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 11, 2020, 07:37:26 PM
So are the Blue Jays playing in the US, or what?

Guess I have my answer.

MDS

there have been exhibition and spring training games but i believe this is the first regular season action in buffalo since 1885.

the buffalo bison were in the national league from 79-85 when they folded. the phillies (then the quakers) finished in 3rd in 1885 -- 30 games back of the cubs !

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Apparently there are some issues with using Buffalo.

It still seems to be the favorite to me, but supposedly other possibilities are Dunedin (leading the league in rainouts and heat exhaustion), Rochester and sharing PNC with the Pirates.

Geowhizzer

Rome

You know who else has physical distancing issues?

Every other worker in this country right now.  Think of the millions of first responders, office workers, store clerks, factory workers, nurses & doctors, etc. 

I'm farging sick of hearing about this bullshtein.  Shut the whole goddamn country down.  Get this virus under control.  That's the ONLY solution.   

Geowhizzer