Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Good

Glad we can agree on something.

I'm not advocating for it against Girardi. Looking for suggestions on people to replace Coconut Nuts.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

That name angers me. Lifeless schmuck that he was.

What's Sandberg up to these days?

ice grillin you

lil guy dying on the kapler hill is great stuff...gonna be fun watching it to the very end
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im not dying for kapler. this whole thing is not on him. realmuto had a 130 ops+ last year and hes at a 98 this year. bryce isnt even on pace to hit 30 homers. whens the last time segura got a hit? look who is playing third and left.

its not some roided out weirdo's fault. hes had some bad games/poor decisions just like any manager. if you want to blame it all on him, go for it. rob thomson takes over and bryce is still a k machine.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

how mad are you that the analytics guy is a terrible manager...i cant even imagine something you wanted in sports more than for him to be great

Rome

Quote from: Rome on March 29, 2018, 07:46:27 PM
At least the chick reporter from the Braves is hot.  Nice cans too. 

Also - fire this farg now.  Don't wait.  Just fire him now.  farg him and his 21st Century Cyberdine Systems stat bullshtein.    Baseball is about more than stats.  It's about instincts and situational awareness.  It's also about putting your players in the right spot to beat the other team.  He clearly doesn't understand that.

Fire him now.  Don't bother waiting for July or next year.  Just do it now.

The Braves chick is still hot. 

And Chip Kapler is still an overmatched piece of shtein. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2019, 09:07:25 AM
how mad are you that the analytics guy is a terrible manager...i cant even imagine something you wanted in sports more than for him to be great

organizationally they are always going to hire this type of manager. so is everyone else. is kevin cash a bad manager? is dave roberts? there are more extreme managers/organizations. david bell is using his "closer" as a set up guy. the reds swept the astros.

if gabe fails as a manager, and he very well might, it would be because hes off putting and nobody liked him. not because he didnt bunt. 

ice grillin you

you didnt answer the question

Rome

It's not all on Gabe.  He's horrendous to be sure but Klentak is just as responsible for this mess. 

How many bums has he signed during his tenure?  Selecting pitching is a dicey prospect no matter how good the GM is, but the staff is a joke.  It was a joke before spring training started.  He knew it and here they are.  Their inability to consistently hit has been even more maddening considering we all thought they'd tear it up, but everyone knew the pitching was a dumpster fire.  That's on Big K.

Plenty of blame to go around, but a good manager wouldn't butcher his staff, or bat guys in farged up orders or do stupid shtein in field alignments.  A real manager would manage.  Kapler isn't one of those and never will be. 

ice grillin you

what carlos santanas team ranks would look like on the phils

runs - 1st
hits - 1st
hr - 2nd
rbi - 3rd
obp - 1st
slg - 1st
ops - 1st

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2019, 10:44:00 AM
you didnt answer the question

i dont even know what the question is nor do i care. the way kapler talks makes me uncomfortable. i dont care about him. hes not the first analytically minded manager in baseball and he wont be the last one the phillies hire.

Quote from: Rome on June 20, 2019, 11:17:42 AM
Plenty of blame to go around, but a good manager wouldn't butcher his staff, or bat guys in farged up orders or do stupid shtein in field alignments.  A real manager would manage.  Kapler isn't one of those and never will be. 

some good cliche WIP caller things here. i have no idea what kapler couldve possibly done to a staff full of mid rotation starters and replacement level talent, but im willing to hear you out.

im also sure their inconsistent offense is because harper hit 3rd, now he hits 2nd. and then cesar hit 1st for a while. or segura hit 2nd. or something. oh and the shifts! the phillies are the only team in baseball to shift so obviously thats it.

again. kapler's personality very well might not be right for managing. but their recent swoon doesnt have anything to do with anything other than subpar performances from the PLAYERS. the phillies do the exact same thing the rays, astros, red sox, dodgers, cubs, etc. do. big difference is they have more talent.

Geowhizzer

MDS

yeah its high school and he should be in time out

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.