Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if they dont make the playoffs you have to think middleton will can him and probably mcphail, though the latter doesnt really do anything except for give terrible quotes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

bowden suggested this as a trade for lindor:

bohm, stott, irvin

he actually called it an "outrageous" price. im not really sure if hes high or im high but i would very very quickly say yes to this deal
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its beyond laughable and hard to believe the athletic actually published it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Evidence why Bowden is currently writing for The Atlantic and not an active GM.

Rome

The Phils also had to throw in an autographed picture of a shirtless Glenn-Bo in the deal. 

Geowhizzer

Cliff Lee's been retired long enough to be on the Hall of Fame ballot?  Good gravy, I'm getting old.

MDS

rule 5 protections by the phillies

-23 year old with a 6.88 era in aaa and was demoted back to aa
-23 year old who pitched 65 innings at aa and gave up 63 hits (but to be fair - 72 k)
-25 year old reliever with 83 k in 51 IP. ok this is something.
-22 year old who the rays gave up on

you can have mike morin or these guys. those are your options.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sure there's some stupid super obscure Moneyball stat that we never heard of and that is why they were kept

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 20, 2019, 10:44:29 PM
I'm sure there's some stupid super obscure Moneyball stat that we never heard of and that is why they were kept

yes, the stupid obscure stat of their system is garbage and they have nobody else

MDS

the phillies didnt protect corny randolph or jhaliyn ortiz

can this franchise be any worse if they tried

ice grillin you

cant blame them on ortiz....gotta take flyers on guys like that...we used to kill them for not spending on international free agents

randolph is 100% symptomatic of the organizations overall awfulness tho

Rome

Quote from: MDS on November 21, 2019, 09:05:02 AM
the phillies are a dumpster fire

can this franchise be any worse if they tried

Well, they could be the Flyers. 

ice grillin you

flyers have more young talent on their third line than the Phillies have in their organization

MDS

i dont think people comprehend how bad the phillies system is

beyond spencer howard and alec bohm (who could easily be playing in japan in 4 years) they have NOTHING. not a thing. every single player either caps at a bench bat, middle reliever or 4-5 starter. it would be remarkable if this werent the phillies.

ice grillin you

what makes it special is how big mlb systems are

most teams can luck into more 40th round draft picks than the Phillies have prospects total