The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Tie it to enough other shtein that big city liberal politicians want (make it the centerpiece of some big redevelopment that throws bones at construction unions, urban planners, transit, green energy, minority groups, affordable housing, etc.) and I guarantee numerous yes votes will materialize.

shtein like that tends to get through the back doors of the political system even when the populace at large loudly votes no.

MDS

im not saying it cant happen and lord knows philly city council is so deep in corruption its built into the foundation of the building, but theres been a serious shift in public sentiment toward building stadiums for rich snobs in democratic areas.

philly already has a plan in place for revitalization of the waterfront (basically building a park over 95 from like market to chestnut). theres plenty of open space down there but a basketball specific arena does not really fit into what theyre going for and whats needed 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

honestly none of that matters...you said it yourself...govt is corrupt...

grease enough hands and its done...the people supposedly against it now will be all for it because josh harris will be investing in the area not just the stadium...building up retail creating jobs and also oh yeah! hes going to pay for a waterfront park
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

All those retail spaces will be awesome when the bill for Trump's bank job comes due and the country is in a full-blown economic collapse. 

phattymatty

Jason Kidd.  Book it.

PhillyPhreak54

John Lucas wants the job too

MDS

keith pompay is an absolute turd of a reporter

i want the job but hes not tweeting that out....farging john lucas is 66 and hasnt been on the bench in 10 years.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Jay Wright came out and said "nah I'm good"

phattymatty

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 02, 2020, 01:55:39 PM
Jay Wright came out and said "nah I'm good"

or the sixers said no and hes like oh ok yea im out everyone

theres been a week of speculation and now heres the statement

ice grillin you

he would be a garbage nba coach anyway...gotta give him credit for knowing it though
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

id rather them hire dawn staley than ty lue

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah id rather you coach than Ty Lue

phattymatty

how fun will it be in 2 years when embiid and simmons are both on other teams and we still have tobias and horford?

hunt

steve nash just got the brooklyn job....so you're all getting ty lue.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is