Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Yeah true...if you're able to ignore the idiots and drugged out 17 year olds, it's tolerable hah
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

I've been to Coachella 3 times and ACL like 5-6 times, I would still do maybe a day pass to one of them again but never a full weekend. My last Coachella, once it got dark, even walking from one stage to the next felt like you were refugees trying to escape a war zone.  Just awful.

Rome

Turns out I won't have to go to some stupid festival to see Rage after all. 

My life just got marginally better. 

phattymatty

yeah i'm gonna go to the DC show.  run the jewels are fun live also.

Rome

I was talking to a new colleague today.  He is about my age and we were talking about shows we've seen.  I mentioned I'd seen Pearl Jam in 1992 at Lollapalooza and I realized I've been alive longer since that show than I was before it.

And I was 27 farging years old at that show. 

Depressing.  And not just because I went to a festival show either. 

SD

Not sure where else to throw this but taking my daughter to the Kimmel center today to see Hamilton. We saw it once live at the Forrest theater a few years ago. Just to enter we both have to show proof of full vaxx and have to wear masks. They aren?t farging around.

Got tickets to see TOOL in February

Diomedes

I guess I have a dead soul or something but I cannot tolerate people singing dialog to one another in any production.  Opera, theater, movies...if they gonna sing instead of talk, I'm out.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on October 23, 2021, 10:20:01 AM
I guess I have a dead soul or something but I cannot tolerate people singing dialog to one another in any production.  Opera, theater, movies...if they gonna sing instead of talk, I'm out.

This was 100% me until I saw Hamilton

Rome

My colleague mentioned he was taking Friday off to go see the Stones in Tampa.  I was mildly interested in going until I checked the ticket prices. 

Holy shtein no chance. 

$172.50 plus fees for nosebleeds. 

Rome

$950 for Billy Joel platinum tix.  Plus fees. 

I'm trying to imagine any scenario where I'd spend that sort of dough to see any band.  Just nope.

Even Tool is charging $200 these days.  I think I paid $75 a few years ago for club seats.  Crazy. 

SD

Got zesty last night, apparently bought 2 tickets to Hamilton for today at 2. At least they're cheap seats. Last show in Philly is tomorrow. Daughter is beyond excited.

Diomedes

that's a penalty flag for wrong thread.

please move discussion of musicals to the appropriate thread...hip hop, men should act like men, advice for medical conditions, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Do we have a Dads Who Are Awesome thread - because we should.

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 27, 2021, 09:00:42 PM
Do we have a Dads Who Are Awesome thread - because we should.

Daughters without daddy issues or my sons not growing up to be a Hoyda would be a good title

MDS

war on drugs at the met tonight....$60 on stubhub for GA sits right on the stage (snow helped lower the price)

not sure if anyone here likes them or has even heard of them but they are the one band i legit love. killer killer show, im super down on masking up for 3-4 hours for shtein but this was worth it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.