DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

Dillen

As far as I'm concerned, the only real knock on DeSean is his size. There is no reason to hate on his WR skills. They aren't elite, but they are still very good. People act as if he's only been successful as a returner. His receiving stats over Sophomore and Junior years:

25 games, 125 catches, 1822 yards, 14.6 ypc, 15 TD. 

Jackson had better numbers than Sweed over the past 2 years (taking into account just averages, considering Sweed missed half of last year) and was just as good as Kelly. Obviously he won't be as much as a red zone threat as either but considering the second most dangerous guy on the team is Kevin Curtis I think it's safe to say there's nothing wrong with DeSean.

PhillyPhreak54

Now they can actually use the Pinkston play and have it gain more than a yard or two. You know the one; throw it real quick only to see Todd get smoked after a yard. Jackson will make plays.

Reid can be creative enough to get him open. His speed with Curtis' speed can really make this offense click down the field.

Feva

I just love the fact that they'll be able to get the ball in Jackson's hands in space.  Through the returns, reverses, trick plays, etc... he'll wreak havoc in the open field.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt.

Westbrook, Jackson, Curtis...all legit speed guys who can get things going.

MURP

Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bloom

SD_Eagle5

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on April 26, 2008, 10:44:04 PM
Josh Parry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bloom

shorebird

How can anyone who watched our return game last year say this was a bad pick at #49?!? C'mon! I love the fact that Jackson is an Eagle. And we have an extra 1st next year to boot!

No more hollering to bring in Bwest to return punts. This kid is an instant threat for our return game, and I for one can't wait to see him in action. He'll be a threat to go all the way everytime he gets a touch. This team hasn't had a real return man since Brian Mitchell. It adds a whole other dimension to the game.

Curtis, Brown, Jackson, and Lewis in the slot on third and long doesn't look to be to bad to me. It ain't Williams or Johnson, but we will be a better offense with Jackson just because he's so damn fast. Stick him out wide and defenses are going to have to watch him going deep. I'm not saying he will be our saviour, but his upside on this offense is great. He could open the field up big time.

I havent' forggotten watching Lewis try to field a punt last year. At 49?!?!? Great pick. He was the one reciever I wanted from the get go. He was the only one I thought would have been there at 19. A 4.3 forty??? He's the fastest guy on the team and one of the fastest in the NFL.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: King Cole on April 26, 2008, 07:59:48 PM
Honestly. I hate to be a downer here, but he won't help us right away. This team is a joke.

The Cowboys are still WAY better than us. We could've kept our 2nd round pick and still got Desean and stayed at 19 and got Kenny Phillips even or Merling, Otah.

I didn't want Otah if it meant no WR, but in hindsight it makes sense.

This team is a joke.

Ha. What a farging douche.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

Quote from: King Cole on April 26, 2008, 07:59:48 PM
Honestly. I hate to be a downer here, but he won't help us right away. This team is a joke.

The Cowboys are still WAY better than us. We could've kept our 2nd round pick and still got Desean and stayed at 19 and got Kenny Phillips even or Merling, Otah.

I didn't want Otah if it meant no WR, but in hindsight it makes sense.

This team is a joke.

How are the Cowboys that much better than us?? Did you watch the last game last year?!?!? Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since you were shteintin' yellow. Besides, Dallas isn't really the team we need to be better than anyway. Are you forgetting who won the Superbowl?!? The Eagles are already as good as farging Dallas. Dallas has a team that looks good on paper but hasn't proven anything. They are the joke, as are you, not the Eagles.

Have you forgotten' what our return game was last year?!?! Jackson will step right in and make an immediate impact. A wideout with great speed is what this offense has been crying out for the last 6-8 years. McNabb can't throw it far enough to get out of this guys range, and thats saying something.

You have absolutly no friggen' idea what your talking about and need to shut the farg up.

Seabiscuit36

love the pick, great value.  Cole is more of a joke than i even thought he was
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 26, 2008, 09:14:06 PM
Quote from: Dillen on September 18, 2007, 07:06:43 PMIf they somehow sucked so bad to get the #1 pick, DeSean Jackson with no hesitation.

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 21, 2007, 11:30:51 PM
Punt return vs Oregon

Punt return vs Tennessee

Punt return vs Arizona

Punt return vs Arizona State (even though the announcer calls him Johnson)

:yay

I swear ta' gawd, flames fly from this guys shoe soles he so friggen' fast. He has Deion Sanders return ability. And it looks like the Eagles are trying to get him some blocking with all these late linebacker picks. He's going to give special teams coaches nightmares.

It's a big plus for our offense, good field position, and a deep threat.